|Opened||March 26, 1905|
|Former name||彰化驛 (Japanese)|
|Line(s)||Western Line (149)
Taichung Line (149)
Sea Line (149)
|Daily Ridership||25,085 (2010)|
|Operator(s)||Taiwan Railway Administration|
|Taiwan Railway Administration Station|
Changhua Station (Chinese: 彰化車站; pinyin: Zhānghuà Chēzhàn) is a railway station on the Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) Western Line located in Changhua City, Changhua County, Taiwan. It is located at the southern junction of the Mountain Line and Coast Line, where the line continues onto the southern section of the Western Line.
The station has two island platforms and one side platform. Currently, there is an overpass at the south side of the station to access the back station platforms. A cross-platform station is currently under construction on the north side.
The station is a planned stop on the Taichung Metro Red Line, currently under construction.
- March 26, 1905: The station opened as Changhua-eki (彰化驛).
- 1918: The second-generation station was completed.
- 1922: The fan-shaped depot was constructed, as well as an overpass for the station.
- December 10, 1958: Construction on the current station is completed.
- June 15, 1959: The current station begins service. Also, a restaurant in the station was built (it has since ceased operating).
- January 19, 2004: The fan-shaped depot is designated as a historical site.
- May 27, 2005: Renovation on the fan-shaped depot is completed.
- February 25, 2008: In order to increase service, the Taroko Express begins stopping at the station.
|1||1||■ Western Line (Southbound)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ South-Link Line (Southbound)||Toward Taitung|
|■ Jiji Line (Southbound)||Toward Jiji, Checheng|
|2||2B||■ Western Line (Northbound, through traffic)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ Western Line (Southbound, through traffic)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ Western Line (Northbound departure for Coastal Line)||Toward Dajia, Zhunan, Hsinchu|
|3||3A||■ Western Line (Northbound)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ Eastern Line (Southbound cross-line)||Toward Suao, Hualien, Taitung|
|4||3B||■ Western Line (Northbound)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ Western Line (Northbound departure)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ Western Line (Southbound Departure)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
Around the station
- Changhua County Government
- Changhua County Council
- Changhua Fan-Shaped Depot
- Changhua City Office
- Changhua Girls' Senior High School
- Taiwan Theater
- Changhua Theater
- Changhua County Police Department
- Changhua bus transfer stations
- Changhua Arts Museum
- National Changhua University of Education
- Chienkuo Technology University
- Changhua City Library
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
Mountain Line/Taichung Line
- "Volume of Passenger and Freight Traffic". Taiwan Railway Administration. 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changhua Station.|
|This Taiwanese rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|