Ming Dynasty Tombs
Location of Changping District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||7 subdistricts
|District seat||Chengbei Subdistrict (城北街道)|
|• Total||1,430 km2 (550 sq mi)|
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Changping District, covering an area of 1,430 square kilometres (550 sq mi), contains two subdistricts of the city of Changping and 15 towns (five of which are suburbs of Beijing) with total population of 614,821 (2000 census). About 34 km (21 mi) from the city center, Changping is renowned for its numerous scenic spots and tourist facilities, like Datangshan museum. It is rich in natural resources, mineral products, and rural products.
The urban area of Changping (116,961 in subdistricts) has an area of 16 km2 (6.2 sq mi) and an estimated population of 130,000. Other major urban areas are Nankou (70,000) and Yangfang (40,000).
- Yangfang (阳坊镇), Xiaotangshan (小汤山镇), Nanshao (南邵镇), Cuicun (崔村镇), Baishan (百善镇), Beiqijia (北七家镇), Xingshou (兴寿镇), Liucun (流村镇), Shisanling (十三陵镇), Yanshou (延寿镇)
- Ming Dynasty Tombs
- Cloud Platform at Juyong Pass, one of the "three great mountain passes" of the Great Wall of China
- Triathlon Venue for the Triathlon at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Qincheng Prison of the Ministry of Public Security (near Xiaotangshan)
- Wonderland Amusement Park (Beijing)
|This section requires expansion. (January 2014)|
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：昌平区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- These are officially classified as subdistricts, but as they coincide with the area of the same name, they are commonly named "areas" (地区)
- "秦城：“中国第一监狱”大揭秘(图)." Shanghai Prison. December 31, 2009. Retrieved on February 2, 2011. "秦城监狱位于北京市昌平区小汤山镇附近，[...]"
- Home page (Archive). Korean International School in Beijing. January 1, 2006. Retrieved on January 25, 2014. "北京市昌平區7里渠南村531號"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changping District.|
- Changping District (simplified Chinese)