Changsha Huanghua International Airport
|Changsha Huanghua International Airport
Chángshā Huánghuā Guójì Jīchǎng
|IATA: CSX – ICAO: ZGHA|
|Operator||Hunan Airport Management Group Co., Ltd.|
|Location||Huanghua, Changsha County, Hunan|
|Focus city for||China Southern Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||217 ft / 66 m|
|Source: List of the busiest airports in the People's Republic of China|
|Changsha Huanghua International Airport|
Changsha Huanghua International Airport (IATA: CSX, ICAO: ZGHA) is the airport serving Changsha, Hunan province, People's Republic of China, as well as nearby cities such as Zhuzhou and Xiangtan. Located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) from downtown Changsha in the town of Huanghua in Changsha County, the airport has two terminal buildings and is currently among the busiest airports in China. The airport is managed by the Hunan Airport Authority, a publicly owned corporation managing all five airports in Hunan Province. Changsha Datuopu Airport/AFB (IATA:
HHA, ICAO: ZGCS) (also called Changsha City) is the second airport serving Changsha and mainly used for military purpose.
Construction for the airport started on June 25, 1986, and the first flight departed on August 29, 1989. The airport went through a major expansion in 2008–2011, with the addition of Terminal 2 which went into operation in 2011.
The old terminal (Terminal 1) covers an area of 33,000 square meters and consists of concourses A, B, and C. The new Terminal 2 became fully operational in July 2011, while Terminal 1 underwent renovations. With 212,000 square meters of space, the new terminal is the 5th largest airport terminal in mainland China (after Beijing-Capital, Shanghai-Pudong, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen).
Airlines and destinations
- Airport buses: Wuyi Avenue Line (Central Changsha), and South Station (bus) Line
- Taxis: reference meter price to central Changsha
- Buses to nearby cities: to Changde, Xiangtan, Zhuzhou, Yueyang
- The subway system under construction will have a line connecting the airport with the city center
The provincial government also has plans to construct a maglev line between Changsha Huanghua International Airport and Changsha South Railway Station. Construction work is expected to start in May 2014, and to be completed by the end of 2015.
- "Changsha-Macau Direct Flight Launched". Hunan Airport Management Group Co., Ltd. 2012-09-12.
- "Direct Route from Changsha to Yangzhou to Open on May 15th". Hunan Airport Management Group Co., Ltd. 2013-05-14.
- "China Southern to Launch Frankfurt Service from late-June 2014". Airline Route. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "China Southern S14 International Operation Changes as of 05MAR14". Airline Route. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Direct Tourist Charter Flight Launched Between Phuket and Changsha". Hunan Airport Management Group Co., Ltd. 2013-01-25.
- Changsha to Construct Maglev Train, 2014-01-09
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changsha Huanghua International Airport.|
- Official Hunan Provincial Airport Authority website
- Airport information for ZGHA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.