Overlooking Channelside Drive from the parking garage. Foreground: Channelside Bay Plaza Background: Harbour Island skyline
Channelside is a residential and entertainment district just east of Downtown Tampa, Florida. It is bordered by Ybor Channel on the east and Garrison Channel on the south. Channelside Bay Plaza offers shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment. Other notable attractions in the area include the Florida Aquarium, Tampa Bay History Center, American Victory Museum, and Tampa Port Authority, launching point for cruise lines and container ships. The NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning play their games at the Tampa Bay Times Forum located in the district. The Forum also hosts concerts and other events. The center of the Bay Plaza has a large open court for live music, with views of the downtown skyline, cruise ships and the Port of Tampa. It also houses a Sony Giant Screen theater. The TECO Streetcar has several stops in the district. Also, NEVs are being utilized by startups to link Tampa's core neighborhoods including Channelside. The Tampa Convention Center is located adjacent to the district to the west.
Twin 30-story upscale condos Towers of Channelside were completed in 2007, with many other mid and high-rises completed since. Saint Leo University opened an adult continuing education center, called the Tampa Education Center, in the Channel District in July 2011. More shopping and entertainment is planned for the area along with an urban sports park, to be named Madison Park. The side streets away from the bay plaza are becoming the focal points of the neighborhood, featuring many new restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. The Channel District also includes the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
- Davis Islands
- Downtown Tampa
- Garrison Channel
- Harbour Island
- Hyde Park
- International Plaza and Bay Street
- Ybor City
- "Rain Doesn't Dim Final Four Hoopla".
- "Streetcar Maps". Tecolinestreetcar.org. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "Hop Tampa ready to give folks a ride downtown – St. Petersburg Times". Tampabay.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Residents sketch plans for park | TBO.com". Centraltampa2.tbo.com. October 21, 2009. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- PRWeb – Thu, Aug 25, 2011 (August 25, 2011). "Saint Leo Only One of the Universities in Tampa in Channelside District – Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "Towers of Channelside, Tampa / Emporis.com".
- Walt Belcher (June 23, 2009). "Downtown barber shop inspired by 'Big Lebowski'". TBO.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "Tbt: Twist on steel". Sptimes.com. September 17, 2004. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "Tampa's Grand Central at Kennedy adds two retail tenants – St. Petersburg Times". Tampabay.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "For St. Patrick's Day, Channelside's waters go green – St. Petersburg Times". Tampabay.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Citytimes: Nightlife has a new spin".
- "What is Kim Kardashian doing in Tampa? – St. Petersburg Times". Tampabay.com. Retrieved October 17, 2011.