|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|City of license||Paris|
|Slogan||Le meilleur de la chanson française ("The best of French chanson")|
|First air date||1 January 1994|
|Sister stations||Évasion FM|
Chante France is a radio station created in 1994 owned by Groupe HPI, based at Paris (France), and dedicated to French Chansons. It currently has 2 frequencies in Paris and Beauvais, both broadcasting on 90,9 MHz.
On 1 January 1994, Chante France was created and later sponsored by four people of the French radio and chanson : Pierre Bellanger (Skyrock), Stéphane Collaro, Eddie Barclay and mainly Hachette Filipacchi Médias. Originally, it should be the first radio station to compete with the popular French radio station Chérie FM (NRJ Group). But given the scarcity of frequencies in France, the preference was given for the development of Skyrock. The challenge was also to meet state requirements concerning the dissemination of French songs. (amendment Pelchat, 1994).
In November 2010, Groupe Orbus (also owning Skyrock) sold the Chante France station to the HPI Groupe (also owning Évasion FM), which kept the French music only format but added presenters and a complete new logo, and plans to evolve the Parisian station nationally in the future.
On 7 March 2013, Chante France launched its first webradios : Chante France 60's, Chante France 70's, Chante France 80's, Chante France Comptines and Chante France Émotion.
Identity of Chante France
- 1994 – 2002 : Chante France, la 1ère radio sans pub (The first radio without commercials)
- 2009 – 2010 : Chante France, priorité à la musique (Priority to the music)
- Since November 2010 : Le meilleur de la chanson française (The best of the french chanson)
Chante France bases on the theme 100% chanson française (100% French Songs), broadcasting the biggest classics of the chanson française. Hosts and News headlines are present after the repurchase of the Groupe HPI. A short program about astrology presented by Guillaume Cauvigny was the first to talk on the frequency, on the end of the 90's. Today, several hosts are positioned on the air of Chante France.
- Alexandre Amellal : from 10:00–15:00
- Marie Léty : Hosts Le Grand Réveil with Robin Grimaldi from 6:00 til 10:00.
- Olivier Leroux : from 15:00 til 20:00
- Robin Grimaldi : Hosts Le Grand Réveil with Marie Léty from 6:00 til 10:00.
- Chante France 60's
- Chante France 70's
- Chante France 80's
- Chante France Comptines
- Chante France Émotion
Chante France is currently broadcasting on frequencies in Paris and Beauvais only. Chante France is also available in Lyon on Digital Audio Broadcasting. Chante France is also available over the internet.
- "Chante France – La station parisienne a été cédée au groupe HPI (Évasion)". RadioActu. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Chante France lance cinq nouvelles webradios". La Lettre de l'Audiovisuel (in French). La Lettre de l'Audiovisuel. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.