Place of origin
Region or state
|Chocolate cake, Chantilly frosting (evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter, vanilla extract)|
|Cookbook:Chantilly cake Chantilly cake|
The Chantilly cake is a delicacy in Hawaiʻi, dating back to the 1950s. Usually, Chantilly cakes are chocolate cakes with a Chantilly frosting, which is essentially the coconut frosting from a German chocolate cake without the coconut. This is in contrast to the typical usage of creme Chantilly, which refers to sweetened whipped cream.
- Shimabukuro, Betty. "Hawaii's Big-Time Bakeries". Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- Shimabukuro, Better. "Yummy chantilly frosting requires real butter and a double boiler". Honolulu Star Bulletin. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- Phillips, Kyle. "Crema Chantilly". About, Inc. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- Honolulu Star Bulletin - Recipe for Chantilly Cake Frosting
- Ono Kine Grindz - Review of Liliha Bakery's Chantilly Cake