||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
The portmanteau chaordic refers to a system of organization that blends characteristics of chaos and order. The term was coined by Dee Hock, the founder and former CEO of the VISA credit card association.
The mix of chaos and order is often described as a harmonious coexistence displaying characteristics of both, with neither chaotic nor ordered behavior dominating. Some[who?] hold that nature is largely organized in such a manner; in particular, living organisms and the evolutionary process by which they arose are often described as chaordic in nature. The chaordic principles have also been used as guidelines for creating human organizations -- business, nonprofit, government and hybrids—that would be neither centralized nor anarchical networks.
- Dee Hock, Birth of the Chaordic Age (ISBN 1-57675-074-4)
- Dee Hock, The Chaordic Organization: Out of Control and Into Order
- Chaordic Commons facilitate access to knowledge about chaordic organizations and organizing.
- Simudyne a chaordic organisation.
- Chaordic Mind: chaotic and ordered community catalysts
|This philosophy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|