Chaoyang District, Beijing
Location of Chaoyang District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||41 subdistricts|
|District seat||Jianwai Subdistrict (建外街道)|
|• Total||475 km2 (183 sq mi)|
|Elevation||34 m (112 ft)|
|• Density||7,700/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Chaoyang is home to the majority of Beijing's many foreign embassies, the well-known Sanlitun bar street, as well as Beijing's growing CBD. The Olympic Green, built for the 2008 Summer Olympics, is also in Chaoyang. Chaoyang extends west to Chaoyangmen on the eastern 2nd Ring Road, and nearly as far east as the Ximazhuang toll station on the Jingtong Expressway. Within the urban area of Beijing, it occupies 475 square kilometres (183 sq mi), making it the largest district, with Haidian second. As of 2005, Chaoyang had a total population of 3,642,000, making it the most populous in Beijing. The district has jurisdiction over 22 subdistrict offices and 20 area offices. Chaoyang is also home to Silk Street, and many other market areas, shopping malls, and restaurant strips.
- Jianwai Subdistrict (建外街道)
- Chaowai Subdistrict (朝外街道)
- Hujialou Subdistrict (呼家楼街道)
- Sanlitun Subdistrict (三里屯街道)
- Zuojiazhuang Subdistrict (左家庄街道)
- Xiangheyuan Subdistrict (香河园街道)
- Heping Avenue Subdistrict (和平街街道)
- Anzhen Subdistrict (安贞街道)
- Yayuncun Subdistrict (亚运村街道)
- Xiaoguan Subdistrict (小关街道)
- Jiuxianqiao Subdistrict (酒仙桥街道)
- Maizidian Subdistrict (麦子店街道)
- Tuanjiehu Subdistrict (团结湖街道)
- Liulitun Subdistrict (六里屯街道)
- Balizhuang Subdistrict (八里庄街道)
- Shuangjing Subdistrict (双井街道)
- Qingsong Subdistrict (劲松街道)
- Panjiayuan Subdistrict (潘家园街道)
- Fatou Subdistrict (垡头街道)
- Datun Subdistrict (大屯街道)
- Wangjing Subdistrict (望京街道)
- Aoyuncun Subdistrict (奥运村街道)
- Nanmofang (南磨房地区)
- Gaobeidian (高碑店地区)
- Jiangtai (将台地区)
- Taiyanggong (太阳宫地区)
- Xiaohongmen (小红门地区)
- Shibalidian (十八里店地区)
- Pingfang (平房地区)
- Dongfeng (东风地区)
- Laiguangying (来广营地区)
- Changying (常营地区)
- Sanjianfang (三间房地区)
- Guanzhuang (管庄地区)
- Jinzhan (金盏地区)
- Sunhe (孙河地区)
- Cuigezhuang (崔各庄地区)
- Dongba (东坝地区)
- Heizhuanghu (黑庄户地区)
- Dougezhuang (豆各庄地区)
- Wangsiying (王四营地区)
Government and infrastructure
China National Aviation Holdings Company (parent company of Air China), SOHO China, CITIC Group, Sinopec, and Beijing Capital Airlines have their headquarters in Chaoyang District. Renren Inc. has its headquarters on the 23rd floor of the Jing An Center (S: 静安中心, T: 靜安中心, P: Jìng'ān Zhōngxīn) in Chaoyang District, and subsidiary 56.com is headquartered on the 5th floor of the same building.
According to Chaoyang's official website, the district "is home to more than 60 percent of the foreign business agencies in Beijing, over 3,000 foreign companies, 167 international news agencies, and two-thirds of the 158 of the global top 500 transnational companies that have invested in Beijing." Some of these are:
ABB Group (China headquarters), Air France, All Nippon Airways, (Beijing Office, Beijing Fortune Building) Halliburton, IBM, KBR, Kerr-McGee China Petroleum Ltd. (Anadarko Petroleum Corporation subsidiary), Korean Air (Hyundai Motor Tower (现代汽车大厦 Xiàndài qìchē dàshà)), Kroll Inc., Lummus Technology, a subsidiary of CB&I, Lufthansa (Beijing Lufthansa Center), Asiana Airlines, Standard & Poor's, Swire Group, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, and Qatar Airways.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company (BHMC, Chinese: S: 北京现代汽车有限公司, T: 北京現代汽車有限公司, P: Běijīng Xiàndài Qìchē Yǒuxiàngōngsī, Korean: 북경현대), a 50-50 joint venture of the Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. and Hyundai Motor Company, has its sales offices in the Hyundai Motor Tower in Chaoyang District.
Chaoyang serves as Beijing's diplomatic district. Except for those of Russia and Luxembourg, all foreign embassies to China are located in the district. Chaoyang has three embassy areas in the Sanlitun, Chaoyangmenwai, and Liangmahe neighborhoods.
Chaoyang District is one of the fastest growing districts in the Beijing Metropolitan Area. There are several subway lines running through the district. The Beijing Capital Airport, although surrounded by the Shunyi District, is an exclave of Chaoyang District. The municipality as well as the Chinese national government spend almost a half million USD per day on developing this district.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2012)|
Tertiary academic institutions
International schools and kindergartens
- Beijing BISS International School
- Yew Chung International School of Beijing
- Japanese School of Beijing
- Korean International School in Beijing (KISB), in Wangjing
- Harrow International School Beijing (Hegezhuang Village, Cuigezhuang Township)
- Dulwich College Beijing (Riviera Main Campus, for years 1-6)
- Canadian International School of Beijing
- Lycée Français International de Pekin (French school)
- Australian International School of Beijing
- Beijing World Youth Academy
- The British School of Beijing Sanlitun Campus and Sanlitun Early Years Campus**
- Star Education Beijing
- The International Montessori School of Beijing Cherry Tree Lane Campus
- Beanstalk International Bilingual School
- Beijing City International School
- International Academy of Beijing Lido Campus and Ya Ao Campus
- Etonkids International Kindergarten
- Beijing Central Business District (Beijing CBD)
- The China World Trade Center
- Beijing Dongyue Temple
- Workers Stadium
- Chaoyang Park
- 798 Art Zone
- Olympic Green
- Bird's Nest
- Water Cube
- Digital Beijing Building
- Olympic Park Observation Tower
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Yabaolu (Yabao Street)
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：朝阳区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Home. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved on October 27, 2010. "Contact us Address: No. 2, Chaoyangmen Nandajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100701 Tel:86-10-65961114."
- Home. Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved on December 22, 2010. "Contact us Address: No.10, Chaoyangmen Beidajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100020 Tel:86-10-59881114"
- "Connect Us." China National Aviation Holdings Company. Retrieved on December 19, 2011. "Address: 25-28/F,Air China Plaza,No.36 Xiaoyun Road,Chaoyang District,Beijing"
- "Contact Us." SOHO. Retrieved on August 23, 2012. "11F, Building A, Chaowai SOHO 6B Chaowai Street, Chaoyang District Beijing 100020, China" - Chinese address: "地址：北京市朝阳区朝外大街乙6号朝外SOHO A区11层"
- "Contact Us." CITIC Group. Retrieved on August 13, 2011. "Address: Chaoyang District, Beijing Xin Yuan Nan Road Building in Beijing on the 6th"
- "Welcome to Sinopec." Sinopec. Retrieved on July 8, 2010. "Address: 22 Chaoyangmen North Street, Chaoyang District,Beijing"
- "联系方式." Beijing Capital Airlines. Retrieved on August 26, 2012. "北京首都国际机场货运北路3号首都航空大厦"
- "youjidizhi.doc." (Archive) Beijing Capital Airlines. Retrieved on August 26, 2012. "Address：Capital Airlines Building，No 3，North Cargo Road ,Beijing Capital International Airport"
- "Contact Us." Renren Corporate. Retrieved on November 19, 2012. "Renren Inc. Beijing Headquarter 23/F, Jing An Center No.8 North Third Ring Road East Chao Yang District, Beijing" - Chinese: "北京市朝阳区北三环东路8号静安中心23层"
- "Contact Us." 56.com. Retrieved on November 18, 2012. "Robert Chen PR Manager,56.com[...] Address: 5/F Jing An Center, No.8 North 3rd Ring road East, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100028"
- "Contact 联系我们." China Resources Beverage. Retrieved on April 10, 2014. "华北分公司 地址： 北京市朝阳区朝阳路高井财满街2期8号楼1单元1101号"
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 1–7 April 1998. 57. "No. 1, Zuoan Donglu, Zuoanmenwai, 100021, Beijing" (making it 左安东路1号)
- "A Sketch of Chaoyang." Chaoyang District. Retrieved on October 27, 2010.
- "Beijing (10 Jiuxianqiao Road)." ABB Group. Retrieved on February 6, 2009.
- "Addresses in China." ABB Group. Retrieved on February 6, 2009.
- "Contact us." Air France China. Retrieved on June 27, 2010.
- "ANA City offices Asia." All Nippon Airways. Retrieved on 13 August 2011. "2nd floor Beijing Fortune Bldg., N200, No.5 Dong San Huan Bei Lu, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100004"
- "Office Location" Halliburton. Retrieved on January 13, 2009.
- "IBM China." IBM. Retrieved on October 21, 2009.
- "Locations." KBR. Retrieved on December 26, 2010. "Kellogg China, Inc. Beijing Liason Office Unit D Floor 7 Tower A of Gateway Plaza No. 18 Xianguangli, Dangsanhuan Beilu Chao Yang District, P.R. China"
- "Office locations." Anadarko Petrolueum Corporation. Retrieved on August 14, 2009.
- "公司资料 / 联系信息." Korean Air. Retrieved on August 30, 2011. "China Headquarters Unit 1, 9th Floor, Hyundai Motor Tower No 38, Xiao Yun Road, Chao Yang District, Beijing" - Address in Chinese: "中国总部 北京市朝阳区霄云路38号现代汽车大厦"
- "Office locations." Kroll Inc. Retrieved on 14 August 2011. "Beijing Unit 805, Tower 1 China Central Place, No. 81 Jianguo Lu, Chaoyang District Beijing 100025 China"
- "Worldwide Offices." CB&I. Retrieved on January 13, 2009.
- "City office information." Lufthansa. Retrieved on February 6, 2009.
- "Worldwide Offices China." Asiana Airlines. Retrieved on January 19, 2009.
- "Office Locations Asia." Beijing Suite 1601, 16/F Tower D, Beijing CITC A6 Jianguo Menwai Avenue Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022 "
- "Contact Information JOHN SWIRE & SONS OFFICES." Swire Group. Retrieved on September 12, 2011. "John Swire & Sons (China) Ltd. Room 1706, Capital Mansion 6 Xin Yuan Nan Road Chao Yang District Beijing 100004 China"
- "Our offices." Etihad Airways. Retrieved on February 6, 2009.
- "Contact Us Asia." EVA Air. Retrieved on February 6, 2009.
- "Beijing." Qatar Airways. Retrieved on February 9, 2009.
- "Contact Us." Swire Properties. Retrieved on 12 September 2011. "Address 10/F, Zhong Yu Plaza, No. 6A Gongtibei Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing" and "Address 18 Jiuxianqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing"
- "HYUNDAI SIGNS A DEAL TO BUILD A THIRD PLANT IN CHINA." Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012.
- "联系我们." (Archive, Image, Archive, Image 2, Archive) Beijing Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "销售本部地址: 北京市朝阳区霄云路38号现代汽车大厦6层"
- 1 Dingfuzhuang Nan Li, Jianguo Rd 100024
- 1 Dingfuzhuang Dong Jie, Jianguo Rd 100024
- "Home." Beijing BISS International School. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "No. 17, Area 4, Zhen Xi Li, Chaoyang District, Beijing 1000029,People's Republic of China"
- "Contact Us." Yew Chung International School of Beijing. Retrieved on July 19, 2013. "Honglingjin Park, 5 Houbalizhuang, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100025, P.R.C. 中国北京市朝阳区后八里庄5号红领巾公园 100025"
- "ホームページ." Japanese School of Beijing. Retrieved on November 10, 2012. "北京市朝陽区将台西路6号"
- "Welcome to Korean International School in Beijing" (Archive) Korean International School in Beijing. Retrieved on January 25, 2014.
- "Contact Us." Harrow International School Beijing. Retrieved on June 20, 2013. "HARROW International School Beijing No.287 Hegezhuang Village, Cuigezhuang County, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100102 北京市朝阳区崔各庄乡何各庄村287号, 邮编: 100102" - Map
- "Contact & Visitor Info." Dulwich College Beijing. Retrieved on June 20, 2013. "Riviera Main Campus 1 - 6 year olds 1 Xiang Jiang Bei Lu Jing Shun Lu Chao Yang District Beijing 100103 PRC 北京德威英国国际学校 北京市朝阳区京顺路香江北路1号香江花园 邮编：100103"
- "I want information on basic education." City of Beijing International website. Retrieved on November 10, 2012. "Japanese School of Beijing Add: 6 Jiangtai Xilu, Chaoyang District"
- "Sanlitun Campus." The British School of Beijing. Retrieved on June 20, 2013. "Sanlitun Campus: 5 Xiliujie, Sanlitun Road Chaoyang District Beijing 100027, China 北京英国学校（三里屯小学部)：中国北京市朝阳区三里屯西六街5号, 邮编：100027" and "Sanlitun Early Years Campus: No.7 Beixiaojie, Sanlitun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027, China 北京英国学校
- "." Star Education Beijing. Retrieved on January 5, 2014. "北京市朝阳区慈云寺桥东南角住邦2000大厦一号楼A座801"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chaoyang District, Beijing.|