Chapel Point State Park
|Chapel Point State Park|
|Maryland State Park|
|Elevation||138 ft (42 m) |
|Area||821 acres (332 ha) |
|Management||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Chapel Point State Park|
Chapel Point State Park is an undeveloped Maryland state park located on the Port Tobacco River, a tributary of the Potomac, in Charles County. The park offers fishing and hunting. In the early 20th century, Chapel Point had an amusement park with facilities for roller skating and social functions and played host to the first Charles County Fair.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Chapel Point State Park
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- "Chapel Point State Park". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Cathy Hardy (May 22, 2002). "Chapel Point". Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties Form (CH-16). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- "Chapel Point Park". The Historical Marker Database. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Chapel Point State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources