Chapel of the Flowers
|Chapel of the Flowers|
|Address||1717 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89104
|Previous names||Little Chapel of the Flowers|
Chapel of the Flowers was one of the earliest wedding chapels built on The Strip, but has undergone numerous renovations in its history. It is considered one of the more traditional wedding chapels in Las Vegas. Couples from all over the world come to this chapel to get married.
Chapel of the Flowers is known for being the wedding location for Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra, as well as the setting for the reality TV show "Happily Ever Faster" on TLC (TV channel). Ronnie Vannucci, the drummer for The Killers, worked as a photographer at the chapel while the band was recording their first album, "Hot Fuss". Additionally, Chapel of the Flowers has also served as the location on several celebrity occasions, including for the music videos "Why Wait" by Rascal Flatts starring David Arquette as the groom and comedian Ron White as the minister. It was also the site where Carrie Underwood mistakenly got married in her music video "Last Name." Mogul Richard Branson also orchestrated a publicity stunt where he served as Best Man for a UK couple, with the wedding taking place at Chapel of the Flowers.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2014)|
Chapel of the Flowers has provided Las Vegas weddings on the world-famous Strip for over 60 years. It is a full-service wedding venue, with three wedding chapels as well as an outdoor gazebo and glass garden. The chapel’s professional wedding planners work with couples on a daily basis from one-year out to day-of planning.
On-site, Chapel of the Flowers provides fully equipped white limousines; videography, where a couple goes home with their ceremony DVD that same night; photography, where couples can pick up their photos and view slideshows in its photo gallery the following day; and a full-service florist, making bouquets and flower arrangements. The Las Vegas wedding chapel offers live Internet broadcasting to cater to the destination bride.
Chapel of the Flowers has won numerous awards; including: TheKnot.com “Best of Weddings” (2011 - 2014) and “Hall of Fame”; WeddingWire “Bride’s Choice Awards” for “Best Wedding Venue: Las Vegas;” as well as the Las Vegas Review-Journal Readers Pick for “Best Wedding Chapel” and “Best Website” by the Las Vegas Wedding Awards and Beautiful Bride Magazine.
- John "Johnny Wadd" Holmes and Laurie Rose (aka Misty Dawn) (1987)
- Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra (November 15, 1998)
- Doug Hutchison and Courtney Stodden (May 19, 2011)
- "Lucky Wedding Day"
- "Couples Find a Numerical Reason to Seal Their Love"
- "We've finally caught up with The Killers" Belfast Telegraph - 20 Aug 2007
- "It's easy to roll dice on love"
- "Branson Best Man for a Virgin Bride"
- "Eloping to Las Vegas not such an escape with chapel's Web site"
- "Chapel of the Flowers is the first and only chapel in Las Vegas allowing Guests to virtually attend"
- Joan Patterson (July 12, 1998). "Holmes shares story of her famous husband in book `Porn King'". Review-Journal (Las Vegas).
- "Celebrity Weddings in Las Vegas:". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "God Bless America! Green Mile actor Doug Hutchison's 16-year-old bride is 'a good Christian girl,' insist her parents as new saucy photos emerge". Daily Mail. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2012.