From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chaperone or chaperon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chaperone or Chaperon may refer to:
- Chaperone (social) or chaperon, a person who accompanies or supervises young people on social occasions
- Chaperone (clinical), a person who acts as a witness for a patient and a medical practitioner during a medical examination or procedure
- Chaperon (headgear), a form of hood or versatile hat worn in Western Europe in the Middle Ages
- Chaperone (protein), a protein that assists non-covalent folding/unfolding in molecular biology
- Co-chaperone, a protein that assists a chaperone in protein folding and other functions
- Extracellular chaperone, a chaperone found in the extracellular space
- Pharmacological chaperone, a small molecule which stabilizes the correct folding of a protein resulting in a recovery of function lost due to mutation, can be used for medical treatment
- Chaperone-mediated autophagy, a selective type of autophagy
- Bob Chaperon (born 1958), Canadian retired snooker and billiards player
- Nicolas Chaperon (died 1656), French painter, draughtsman and engraver
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.