Mavrias playing for Panathinaikos in 2011
|Full name||Charalampos Mavrias|
|Date of birth||21 February 1994|
|Place of birth||Zakynthos, Greece|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
(on loan from Sunderland)
|2015–||→ Panathinaikos (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Charalampos "Charis" Mavrias (Greek: Χαράλαμπος (Χάρης) Μαυρίας; born 21 February 1994) is a Greek footballer currently playing in Greek Superleague for Panathinaikos on loan from Sunderland and the Greek national team as a winger.
Mavrias joined Panathinaikos' youth academy in 2007, aged 13, and was promoted to the first-team squad in 2010, after signing a professional contract in the previous year. On 20 October 2010 he made his first-team – and UEFA Champions League – debut, playing the last 12 minutes of a 0–0 home draw against Rubin Kazan, thus becoming the youngest Greek ever to appear in the competition, and the second youngest overall (only behind Celestine Babayaro, being surpassed later by Alen Halilović and Youri Tielemans). Four days later he made his league debut, again as a substitute in a 0–1 loss at AEK.
Mavrias scored his first professional goal on 18 February 2012, netting his side's last of a 2–0 success at Ergotellis; he scored his first European goal on 31 July 2012, again netted the last of a 2–0 win at Motherwell in the first leg of the third qualifying round of the Champions League, one minute after coming onto the pitch as a substitute.
On 22 August 2013, Mavrias joined English Premier League side Sunderland on a three-year contract, for an undisclosed fee, rumoured to be £3 million. However, he was left out of the squad to play Southampton due to lack of match fitness.
Mavrias made his debut five days later, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 4–2 home success over Milton Keynes Dons, for the campaign's Football League Cup. He scored his first goal on 25 January of the following year, netting the winner against Kidderminster Harriers in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
- As of 15 February 2015
|Club||Season||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental [A]||Others [B]||Total|
- A. ^ Includes appearances in the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League.
- B. ^ Includes appearances in the Superleague Greece Play offs.
- "Premier League Player Profile Charalampos Mavrias". Premier League. Barclays Premier League. 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Stalemate frustrates Panathinaikos and Rubin". UEFA.com. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "The UEFA Champions League's youngest players". UEFA.com. 2 October 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- ΕΡΓΟΤΕΛΗΣ Δ. ΕΝΩΣΙΣ - ΠΑΝΑΘΗΝΑΪΚΟΣ [Ergotelis D. Enosis – Panathinaikos] (in Greek). SuperLeague Greece. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Motherwell 0–2 Panathinaikos: Champions League party gatecrashed by Greeks – SPL". Scotsman.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Greek international signs". Sunderland A.F.C. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Sunderland sign Greece winger Charis Mavrias from Panathinaikos". Sky Sports. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sunderland 4 – 2 MK Dons". BBC. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Sunderland 1-0 Kidderminster Harriers". BBC. 2014-01-25.
- Scoresway Profile
- Charalampos Mavrias – FIFA competition record
- Charalampos Mavrias – UEFA competition record
- ESPN FC profile