||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2010)|
|Born||Charis Elisa Michelsen
Boring, Oregon, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, Voice actor, model, Makeup artist|
Life and career
Charis (pronounced Chær-us) Michelsen was raised in Boring, Oregon. After high school, she moved to New York City to study art at Parsons School of Design, where a photographer for Harper’s Bazaar discovered her for modeling. While attending a rock concert, Michelsen was discovered by Liv Tyler's mother Bebe Buell, who became her career manager.
Michelsen played the role of "Debby" in the 1998, award-winning film High Art, and soon after appeared in Martin Scorsese's film Bringing Out the Dead. Michelsen then went to work on the films Wonder Boys and Orphan. She eventually relocated to Los Angeles.
Michelsen played Mrs. Wyatt Cooper (Eric Dane's wife) on an episode of the ABC television drama Gideon's Crossing. She also starred with Peter Steele in his band Type O Negative's music video "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend," and Liv Tyler and Charis Michelsen starred in the music video "If" by Coyote Shivers.
- Grace Paine (2011)
- Everybody Dies (2009)
- Los Angeles (2008)
- Erosion (2006)
- Che Guevara (2005)
- Orphan (2001)
- Eight (2001)
- The Price of Air (2000)
- Wonder Boys (2000)
- Home Sweet Hoboken (2000)
- Bringing Out the Dead (1999)
- Dead Man's Tango (1999)
- Every Messiah Is a Liar (1999)
- Men in Scoring Position (1999)
- High Art (1998)
- Perfect Lies (1998)
- I Married a Strange Person! (1997) (voice)
- Tromeo and Juliet (1996)
- Charis Michelsen at the Internet Movie Database
- Los Angeles Times, Review, Erosion, April 21, 2006
- The New York Times, "Film in Review," The Price of Air, September 29. 2000
- The New Yorker, "The Film File," I Married a Strange Person, September 7, 1998