Charlene Amoia is an American actress best known for her role as Wendy the waitress in the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Her other television credits include Glee, Switched at Birth, Days of Our Lives and her film credits include American Reunion (2012) from the American Pie series.
Childhood and early career
Raised in Buffalo, New York, she got her start in modeling before making the transition to acting in 2001 with a role on the soap opera, Port Charles. That part on the daytime drama led to guest appearances in several other series, including Joey, Girlfriends, 90210, and as Anna Schick in The Young & The Restless.
How I Met Your Mother
From 2005 to 2011, she played Wendy, a waitress that works at the bar, the main setting of the American TV hit How I Met Your Mother. Although at times on the series she was rumored to be Ted's future wife, Amoia herself didn't believe Wendy would turn out to be "the one". "I had sex with Barney behind the bar on the show and I also made out with Ted’s dad, so the likelihood of this character being the mom, I thought, was pretty small anyway, but the fact that fans were rooting for me was awesome, it was exciting," the actress has said.  On playing Wendy, she has said, "I love playing flawed characters. Wendy is so genuinely sweet and guileless to a point that she doesn’t realize she’s being taken advantage of. Being able to take on these characteristics in a way that is funny and harmless is always so much fun!"
Amoia played Ellie, Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas)'s wife, in the fourth American Pie film, released in 2012. She originally auditioned for a different role and was rejected before landing this role.
Other TV and film work
Amoia also played Nurse Katie on daytime soap Days of Our Lives, Bailey on Glee and Diana Cotto on Switched at Birth. Additionally she appeared in the TV series 90210 as a teacher in Season 1, Episode 7.
Amoia has appeared in such films as Seven Pounds, with Will Smith, The Longer Day of Happiness, I am Death and American Reunion. In 2013, she plays Jill in Fat, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Additionally Charlene Amoia has played a prominent role in a DOD CBT (computer based training) course on sexual harassment, one required by most military personnel. The interactive short film depicts her as an Air Force Airmen, as she struggles in a deployed environment and deals with unprofessional relationships.
- Walsh, D. "Interview: American Pie Reunion’s Charlene Amoia". Rising star Charlene Amoia, best known for her role as Wendy in How I Met Your Mother,”. Fit Celeb.
- Marino, Andrea. "NEW FACE | Charlene Amoia". I was born in Buffalo, NY and at 15 my father moved to Vegas. I moved there with him. GanzoMag. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Gallagher, Michael Aaron. "Charlene Amoia connects with former cast members in ‘American Reunion’". She began modeling locally, at first filling in for a Nine West shoe model, and then eventually auditioning for a television commercial. StayFamous.Net.
- "Charlene Amoia Exclusive". “How I Met Your Mother” has been a great blessing in my life for the last six years. - See more at: http://www.thestarscoop.com/interviews/charlene-amoia-exclusive-interview-how-i-met-your-mother-scoop-and-more/#sthash.7c0jCcyO.dpuf. The Star Scoop. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Stevens, Samantha. "Charlene Amoia talks How I Met Your Mother, role on 'Glee'". “It’s nice to have that support,” she added of fans who wanted Wendy to be the show’s mystery mother. The Republican. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Bernard, Adam. "Charlene Amoia - Wendy the Waitress Takes Our Order". Adam Bernard.
- Stacy, Hannah. "An Interview with Charlene Amoia, Actress and Former Model". Cliche Mag.
- Walsh, D. "Interview: American Pie Reunion’s Charlene Amoia". In April 2012 the much-anticipated movie, American Reunion, will feature Amoia as Ellie, the wife of Kevin Myers (Thomas Ian Nicholas.). Fit Celeb.
- DiCarlo, Steve. "Meet & Greet: 'American Reunion' Star Charlene Amoia Talks Nudity & First Loves". Celebuzz. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "TIFF listing for "Fat"". Tiff.Net.
|This section is too long. Consider splitting it into new pages, adding subheadings, or condensing it. (November 2013)|
- Charlene Amoia at the Internet Movie Database
- StayFamous.net Interview for "American Reunion"
- MassLive.com Interview for "How I Met Your Mother"
- FitCeleb.com Interview for "American Reunion"
- ConversationsMag Interview for "How I Met Your Mother"
- GanzoMag.com Interview