|Practice||Beazley & Burrows|
Charles Nightingale Beazley (1834–97), FRIBA was a British architect. His work spans the period 1853–97.
Beazley was articled to William Wardell in 1853 and was an RIBA student 1854–56. In 1856–58 he was an assistant to G.E. Street, who was the diocesan architect for the Church of England Diocese of Oxford. Beazley began independent practice in 1860, and from 1884 worked in partnership with H.W. Burrows. Like Street, Beazley worked on a number of commissions to restore Church of England parish churches and design new ones. Beazley was made a Fellow of the RIBA in 1880 but resigned in 1897.
- St. Eadburg's parish church, Bicester, Oxfordshire: restoration, 1862–63
- St. Mark's parish church, Cold Ash, Berkshire, 1864–66
- St. Michael & All Angels parish church, Newton Purcell, Oxfordshire: restoration, 1875
- St. Mildred's parish church, Acol, Kent, 1879
- Ellingham, St Clement's Road, Westgate-on-Sea, Kent, 1883
- St. Saviour's parish church, Westgate-on-Sea, Kent, 1884
- Brodie et al. 2001, p. 146.
- Brodie et al. 2001, p. 308.
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1974, p. 453.
- Pevsner 1966, p. 117.
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1974, p. 717.
- "St Mildred, Acol". John E. Vigar's Kent Churches. 2013.
- "Ellingham, St Clements Road". National Heritage List for England. English Heritage. 27 September 2006.
- "Church of St Saviour". National Heritage List for England. English Heritage. 22 February 1973.
- Brodie, Antonia; Felstead, Alison; Franklin, Jonathan et al., eds. (2001). Directory of British Architects 1834-1914, A-K. London & New York: Continuum. p. 146. ISBN 0-8264-5513-1.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1966). The Buildings of England: Berkshire. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. p. 117.
- Sherwood, Jennifer; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1974). The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 453, 717. ISBN 0-14-071045-0.
|This article about a United Kingdom architect or firm of architects is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|