20 April 1964 |
|Education||École Centrale Paris|
|Relatives||Frédéric Beigbeder (brother)|
Charles Beigbeder is a French businessman.
In 1989, he started his career at Matra Marconi Space. From 1990 to 1991, he worked as a merchant banker for Banque Paribas. From 1991 to 1994, he worked for Credit Suisse First Boston in Paris. From 1994 to 1996, he worked as a trader for MC-BBL Securities in London. He then worked for Angel-Invest.
In 2001, he founded Self Trade, a financial services company similar to E-Trade. In 2002, he founded Poweo, a utility company, and sold it to Verbund in 2009. In 2006, he founded Audacia, a financial firm. In 2009, he founded AgroGeneration, and bought farming land in Ukraine to invest in biofuel.
He has been Vice-President of Croissance Plus, and Co-Chairman of DAB Bank. He serves on the Advisory Board of 360º Capital Partners, and on the Executive Committee of the Medef since July 2005. He was appointed by Chantal Jouanno, the French Minister of Sports, to serve as the Annecy Chairman for the Bids for the 2018 Winter Olympics. He is a Union pour un Mouvement Populaire appointee for Reforms.
- BusinessWeek profile
- Sylvain Lapoix, 'L'UMP recycle tout: Charles Beigbeder numéro 2 de l'UMP à Paris', in Marianne, 30 October 2009 
- Agrogeneration biography
- Charles Gautier, 'Agriculteur, la nouvelle vie de Charles Beigbeder', in Le Figaro, 22/09/2009 
- Armelle Bohineust 'Charles Beigbeder passe le relais chez Poweo', in Le Figaro, 03/06/2009 
- 'Poweo: Charles Beigbeder vend sa participation à Verbund', in Libération, June 2, 2009 
- Karolos Grohmann, 'Q&A with Annecy 2018 bid chief Charles Beigbeder', Reuters, July 4, 2011 
- Trung Latieule, 'Annecy says 2018 Winter Games bid is fully funded', in USA Today, 06/07/2011 
- 'Jeux olympiques : Charles Beigbeder président d'Annecy 2018', in Le Monde, 10.01.11 
- 'Charles Beigbeder sur les rangs pour les JO d'Annecy', on TF1, 7 January 2011 
- 'Charles Beigbeder : « Une vraie crise de confiance »', in Corse Matin, 21 November 2011