Charles Courtenay, Lord Courtenay
Lord Courtenay was educated at Eton College. After obtaining an MA degree from St John's College, Cambridge in 2001, he followed his legal studies at the Inns of Court School of Law. Courtenay was admitted to the bar at Inner Temple in 1999. He married American actress A. J. Langer (full name: Allison Joy Langer) in a civil ceremony in 2004. Langer was given the courtesy title "Lady Courtenay." A formal wedding later took place on 30 April 2005, in Los Angeles. On Lord Courtenay's eventual accession to his father's peerage and estate, the couple will reside at the family's ancestral home of Powderham Castle in Devon, England.
Lord and Lady Courtenay have two children, both born in Los Angeles:
- The Hon. Joscelyn Skye Courtenay (born 31 January 2007)
- The Hon. Jack Haydon Langer Courtenay (born 16 August 2009)
Lord Courtenay has practised law with the Los Angeles, California office of Latham & Watkins since 2005. In January 2014, he permanently relocated his family to London and transferred to his firm's London office.
- Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th Edition, edited by Charles Mosley, Wilmington, Delaware, 2003, vol I, pp. 1121-6; ISBN 0-9711966-2-1
- Latham & Watkins: Charles Courtenay profile
- Charles Peregrine Courtenay, Lord Courtenay - website ThePeerage
- "Passages". People 67 (9). 5 March 2007.
- Oh, Eunice (27 August 2009). "AJ Langer's Son Becomes Heir to Royal Title". People.
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|