Charles Jean Julien Depéret (June 25, 1854 – May 18, 1929) was a French geologist and paleontologist. He was a member of the French Academy of Sciences, the Société géologique de France and dean of the Science faculty of Lyon.
Charles Depéret was born in Perpignan. He started his career as a military doctor from 1877 to 1888. Initially posted in Algeria, he was later active in Sathonay. In 1888, he became lecturer at the University of Marseille, and in 1889 he became professor of geology at the University of Lyon.
He died in Lyon.
- Past members of the French Academy of Sciences
- Obituary at Annales des Mines (French)
- Obituary at Les Études rhodaniennes, Year 1929, Vol. 5, Issue 5-2, pp. 342-343 (French)
- Webpage about Charles Depéret at Glozel Museum website
- "Deperet, Charles." Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography. 2008. Retrieved November 21, 2010 from Encyclopedia.com
|This article about a French scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a paleontologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|