||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
September 11, 1936 |
La Crosse, Wisconsin, U.S.
Charles Dierkop (born September 11, 1936) is an American film and television character actor.
Dierkop was born in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and attended Aquinas High School in La Crosse. He was cast in two George Roy Hill films, and played an outlaw both times — as "Flat Nose Curry" in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid he played a member of the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang, and as "Floyd" in The Sting, he acted as a bodyguard to Robert Shaw's New York gangster/griftee, Doyle Lonnegan. He is best known for his work in the Police Woman television series between 1974 and 1978. He is a lifetime member of The Actor's Studio.
- The Hustler (1961)
- Angels Hard As They Come (1971)
- Silent Night, Deadly Night
- Blood Red
- Messenger of Death
- Banzai Runner
- The Sting
- The Student Teachers
- Messiah of Evil
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- The Pawnbroker (1964, uncredited)
- The Deerslayer (TV Film)
- Simon & Simon
- The Fall Guy
- Matt Houston
- Fantasy Island
- Police Woman
- Police Story
- Kung Fu
- Alias Smith and Jones
- Mission: Impossible
- Love, American Style
- Land of the Giants
- The High Chaparral
- Star Trek: The Original Series — 1 episode:
- The Andy Griffith Show
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
- Adam 12 — Season 1 episode 7
- Aquinas News, Aquinas High School, La Crosse, Wisconsin, September 18, 1975, vol. 45, no.2, pg. 1, "Former Aquinite is TV Star". Article about Charles Dierkop.
- Aquinas News, Aquinas High School, La Crosse, Wisconsin,, September 2, 1978, Special 50th Anniversary edition, pg. 12, "Former Aquinite has his name in lights", Sue Schmidt, class of 1978. Article about Charles Dierkop.
- Charles Dierkop at the Internet Movie Database
- Charles Dierkoy [sic] at the University of Wisconsin's Actors Studio audio collection
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|