Charles Douglas-Home, 12th Earl of Home
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
Home was born at the family home of The Hirsel near Coldstream, the son of Cospatrick Douglas-Home, 11th Earl of Home. He was Lord Lieutenant of Berwickshire from 1879 to 1880 and Lord-Lieutenant of Lanarkshire from 1890 to 1915.
Lord Home married Maria Grey on 18 August 1870. They had five children:
- Lady Mary Elizabeth Margaret Douglas-Home (d. 1951), married Richard Meade, Lord Gillford, eldest son of 4th Earl of Clanwilliam.
- Lady Issobel Charlotte Douglas-Home (d. 1934), died unmarried.
- Lady Beatrix Douglas-Home (d. 1940), married Sir Henry Dundas, 3rd Baronet.
- Lady Margaret Jane Douglas-Home (d. 1955), married Reginald Walsh, 5th Baron Ormathwaite.
- Charles Cospatrick Archibald Douglas-Home, 13th Earl of Home (1873–1951)
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Home
The Duke of Roxburghe
|Lord Lieutenant of Berwickshire
The Earl of Lauderdale
Sir Thomas Colebrooke
|Lord Lieutenant of Lanarkshire
The Lord Newlands
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Home
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|