Charles E. Mills Secondary School
|Charles E. Mills Secondary School|
Sandy Point, St. Kitts and Nevis
|Color(s)||Crimson and Black|
Established 1966 in the town of Sandy Point, this high school served the communities of HalfWay Tree to Saddlers. It is one of two high schools on the western side of the island. The school has been one of the top performing schools in Sports and Academics in the Federation over the years.
In 2010, The Government of Saint Kitts and Nevis renamed the Sandy Point High School after the late Charles E. Mills.
In 2010, at the Sandy Point High School, 85 students sat exams in 26 subjects. All subjects returned passes of over 50%, of which 14 attained a pass rate of 100%. SPHS was highly commend by the Minister of Education for returning a pass rate of 70.3% in Mathematics.
- Rev. Joseph Manchester (1966 - ?)
- Dr. Joseph Halliday (1966-1977 )
- Miss. Buchannan (1977- 1991)
- Dr. James E Williams (? - 1991)
- Mr. Vincent Hodge (1991 - 2000)
- Ms. Cordette Henry (2000 - 2002)
- Ms. Lorozine Williams (2002–2012)
- Mrs. Carla Diamond (2012-Present)
- "Charles E. mills Secondary". Moeskn.org. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Establishment of Sandy Point High School Now Charles E Mills.". St. Kitts-Nevis Labour Spokesman. 7/10/2010.
- "SPHS now the Charles E. Mills Secondary School". SKNVibes. 2010-10-01. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Passes over 50%". Government of St. Kitts-Nevis.