Charles Einstein (August 2, 1926 – March 7, 2007) was a newspaperman and sportswriter and he also wrote the novel The Bloody Spur on which the film While the City Sleeps by Fritz Lang was based. His father was the comedian Harry Parke. He is the older half-brother of comedic actors Albert Brooks and Bob Einstein, better known by his stage name "Super Dave Osborne".
- The Bloody Spur (n.) Dell First Edition #5, pbo, 1953; reprinted as While the City Sleeps (Dell D86, 1956)
- Wiretap! (n.) Dell First Edition #76, pbo, 1955
- -The Last Laugh (n.) Dell First Edition A121, pbo, 1956
- No Time at All (n.) Simon & Schuster, hc, 1957. Dell, pb, 1958.
- The Naked City (co) Dell First Edition A180, pbo, 1959. Stories based on TV scripts by Stirling Silliphant.
- “And a Merry Christmas to the Force on Patrol”
- “Lady Bug, Lady Bug…”
- Line of Duty
- Nickel Ride
- The Other Face of Goodness
- Susquehanna 7-8367
- The Violent Circle
- The Blackjack Hijack (n) Random House, 1976. Fawcett Crest, pb, no date.
- Willie's Time, 1979, Southern Illinois University Press