Charles Frederick South
Charles Frederick South was born on 6 February 1850 in London.
"I hear on all sides of the beauty of your musical services, Mr. South seems not only to have raised them to a high standard but to have maintained them at this level. If I am correctly informed about this, do you not think it would be a nice compliment to him if you were to obtain for him the degree of Mus.Doc. from the Archbishop?"
- Aske's Hospital, Hoxton 1866 - 1868
- St Augustine's, Watling Street 1868 - 1883
- Salisbury Cathedral 1883 - 1916
|Organist and Master of the Choristers of Salisbury Cathedral
Walter Galpin Alcock
- The Succession of Organists. Watkins Shaw
- John Stainer: a life in music. Jeremy Dibble