Charles G. Long
|Charles G. Long|
December 14, 1869|
South Weymouth, Massachusetts
|Died||March 5, 1943
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
|Place of burial||Arlington National Cemetery|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1891 - 1921|
|Awards||Marine Corps Brevet Medal
Charles Long was born December 14, 1869, in South Weymouth, Massachusetts. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1891 and received a commission as a second lieutenant on July 1, 1891.
He retired from the Marine Corps in December 1921 after 30 years of service and 14:59, 27 November 2012 (UTC)14:59, 27 November 2012 (UTC)~~died March 5, 1943 at South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
Long's awards and decorations include:
|Marine Corps Brevet Medal|
|Navy Cross||West Indies Naval Campaign Medal||Spanish Campaign Medal|
|Philippine Campaign Medal||Nicaraguan Campaign Medal (1912)||China Service Medal|
See also 
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Marine Corps.
- "Major General Charles Grant Long, USMC". Who's Who in Marine Corps History. History Division, United States Marie Corps. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- John E. Lelle SgtMaj. USMC (Ret) (1988). The Brevet Medal. Quest Publishing Co. ISBN 0-915779-02-1.
- "Marine Corps Officers: 1798 to 1900". Naval Historical Center. 2006-04-06. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- Edward S. Haynes (May 1972). "The United States Marine Corps Brevet Medal and Its Recipients". The Collector 23 (5).
|This biographical article related to the United States Navy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|