Charles Gordon-Lennox, Earl of March and Kinrara
|Earl of March and Kinrara|
Lord March, 2010
Janet Gordon-Lennox, Countess of March and Kinrara
|Father||Charles Gordon-Lennox, 10th Duke of Richmond|
|Born||5 January 1955|
Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, Earl of March and Kinrara (born 8 January 1955) is the heir apparent of the 10th Duke of Richmond, 10th Duke of Lennox and 5th Duke of Gordon.
Lord March manages the family seat, Goodwood estate, for his father, and has continued the horseracing tradition of Goodwood Racecourse, one of the highlights of the flat racing season in England. He is also a motor racing enthusiast, creating the "Goodwood Festival of Speed" in 1993 and the "Goodwood Revival" in 1998 as annual events.
March has become one of the most highly regarded characters in the motorsport and classic car scene. In early 2007, Octane magazine listed him as one of the 50 most influential figures of the classic car scene. He is also mentioned in the 20th anniversary edition (in 2002) of Classic & Sportscar Magazine as one of the ten most influential figures of that scene. He is President of the British Automobile Racing Club.
Among the charities that Lord March supports is the Greenpower Education Trust of which he is a Patron.
As Charles Settrington, he was known as a still life photographer, noted in particular for his trompe l'oeil photography.
March has been married twice, and has three sons and two daughters:
- 1) Sally Clayton (1976 to 1989); one daughter
- I) Lady Alexandra Gordon-Lennox (born 1985)
- 2) The Honourable Janet Elizabeth Astor (1991 to date); one daughter and three sons
- II) Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, Lord Settrington (born 20 December 1994) is the Earl's heir apparent
- III) Hon. William Rupert Gordon-Lennox (born 29 November 1996)
- IV) Lady Eloise Cordelia Gordon-Lennox (born 10 March 2000)
- V) Hon. Frederick Lysander Gordon-Lennox (born 10 March 2000)
- Lord Settrington (1955–1989)
- Earl of March and Kinrara (1989–present)
|Ancestors of Charles Gordon-Lennox, Earl of March and Kinrara|
- Who's Who 1987
- Information about his association with Goodwood
- "Typical biker: Earl of March". The Daily Telegraph. 2000-09-19.
- 2012 Goodwood Revival Picture Gallery