Charles Harry Moody
He was born in Stourbridge on 22 March 1874, the son of Charles Moody (1825 – 1893) and Lydia Glover (b. 1829)
He studied organ under T. Westlake Morgan at Bangor Cathedral.
He married Mary Grindall Brayton in 1899 in Wigan. The marriage produced:
- Barbara Gunhilda Moody (b. 1900)
- Brian Elgar Moody (b. 1902)
- An other
He was appointed CBE and Hon FRCO in 1920.
He was also a lecturer in music at the Diocesan Training College in Ripon from 1902 - 1952.
- Organist of St. Michael's College, Tenbury
- Assistant organist of Wells Cathedral 1894 - 1895
- Organist at All Saints' Church, Wigan 1895 - 1899
- Organist at Holy Trinity Church, Coventry 1899 - 1902
- Organist at Ripon Cathedral 1902 - 1954
He was the author of:
- Church Music
- The Choir Boy in the Making
- Selby Abbey
- Ripon Cathedral
- Fountains Abbey
- Anthem: Before the ending of the day
- The Succession of Organists, Watkins Shaw, Clarendon Press. 1991
- The London Gazette, 23 November 1920 http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/32134/supplements/11556/page.pdf