Karl Ludwig, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
|Karl Ludwig of Hohenlohe-Langenburg|
Prince Charles Louis of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
|Spouse(s)||Countess Amalie Henriette of Solms-Baruth|
|Father||Christian Albrecht, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg|
|Mother||Princess Caroline of Stolberg-Gedern|
10 September 1762|
|Died||4 April 1825
Prince Karl Ludwig of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (10 September 1762, Langenburg – 4 April 1825 ibid.) was the third Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Karl Ludwig was the first child of Prince Christian Albert of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and his wife, Princess Caroline of Stolberg-Gedern.
He was an avid musician.
Marriage and descendants
The marriage produced the following thirteen children:
- Princess Louise of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- Princess Elisabeth of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Victor Amadeus, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg, Duke of Ratibór
- Princess Constance of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Prince Francis Joseph of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst
- Princess Emilie of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Count Friedrich Ludwig of Castell-Castell; their daughter married Julius, Count of Lippe-Biesterfeld and had issue
- Prince Ernst of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1794–1860); married in 1828 Princess Feodora of Leiningen (1807-1872)
- Prince Frederick of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- Princess Marie Henriette of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- Princess Louise of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Prince Adolf zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen
- Princess Johanna of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Count Emil Christian of Erbach-Schönberg
- Princess Mary Agnes of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Konstantin, Hereditary Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
- Prince Henry Gustav of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- Princess Helene of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; married Duke Eugen of Württemberg
- Prince Henry of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
The marriages of his children and grandchildren make him an ancestor of some of the leading noble houses of Europe.
- Hans-Adam II, Prince of Liechtenstein is the great-grandson of Infanta Marie Therese of Portugal, whose mother, Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, was Charles Louis's granddaughter.
- Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg is also a descendant of Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg through her daughter, Infanta Marie Anne of Portugal.
- King Philippe of Belgium is also a descendant of Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg through her daughter, Infanta Marie Jose of Portugal, mother of Elisabeth of Bavaria, Queen of Belgium.
- Queen Sofía of Spain, mother of King Felipe VI of Spain, and Constantine II of Greece are children of Frederica of Hanover, whose grandmother, Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein, was a granddaughter of Charles Louis's son, Ernst I, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden is a son of Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, the great-great-granddaughter of Charles Louis's son, Ernst I.
- King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands is a grandson of Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld, a great-great-grandson of Charles Louis's daughter, Emilie.
- Franz Josef Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst: Monarchen – Edelleute – Bürger. Die Nachkommen des Fürsten Carl Ludwig zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg 1762–1825, 2nd edition, Degener & Co., Neustadt a. d. Aisch, 1963 (Bibliothek familiengeschichtlicher Arbeiten, vol. 13)
Karl Ludwig, Prince of Hohenlohe-LangenburgBorn: 10 September 1762 Died: 4 April 1825
|Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg