Charles Meredith (actor)
August 27, 1894|
Knoxville, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||November 28, 1964
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Years active||1919 - 1964|
|Spouse(s)||Margaret Muse (1932-1964) (his death) 1 child
Melba Melsing (1920-?)
Charles Meredith played opposite Blanche Sweet, Mary Miles Minter, Florence Vidor, Katherine MacDonald, and other top stars of the day in both romantic drama and comedies. In 1924, he left his film career for work on the stage. He returned film in 1947 where he played a number of small roles. Toward the end of his career, he turned to TV as well, notably as Secretary Drake in the Rocky Jones, Space Ranger (1954) series. He also appeared in three episodes of The Lone Ranger, each time as a doctor.
He died at age 70 in 1964.
- The Other Half (1919)
- Poor Relations (1919)
- The Family Honor (1920)
- Beyond (1921)
- The Cave Girl (1921)
- In Hollywood with Potash and Perlmutter (1924)
- Daisy Kenyon (1947)
- The Miracle of the Bells (1948)
- They Live by Night (1948)
- Samson and Delilah (1949)
- The Big Trees (1952)
- New York Confidential (1955) - uncredited
- The Lone Ranger (1956) - Governor
- Back from Eternity (1956) - uncredited
- Top Secret Affair (1957) - uncredited
- Ocean's Eleven (1960)
- The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Meredith (actor).|
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|