Charles Payne (journalist)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
Charles V. Payne (born November 15, 1960) is a Fox Business Network contributor and host of Making Money with Charles Payne. He was formerly co-host of Varney & Co. He joined the network at its launch in October 2007. Payne is also a contributor to the Fox News Channel, frequently appearing on shows such as Cashin' In, Cavuto on Business, and Bulls and Bears. In addition to his work with Fox, Payne also hosts his own daily syndicated talk show, The Payne Nation, by Sun Broadcast Group.
At 17 years old, he enlisted in the United States Air Force and went on to serve as a security policeman stationed at Minot Air Force Base in Minot, North Dakota. Payne attended Minot State University and Central Texas College while in the service. Payne began his career on Wall Street as an analyst at E.F. Hutton in 1985.
In 1999 Payne settled with the SEC over a complaint alleging that on at least eight occasions, Wall Street Strategies recommended that its clients purchase Members stock through recorded messages on its telephonic stock recommendation service. The Complaint also alleged that Payne failed to disclose that he received payments from Members to promote Members stock. Without admitting or denying the alleged violations, Payne consented to the entry of a permanent injunction against violations of Section 17(b) of the Securities Act of 1933. In addition, Payne agreed to pay a civil penalty of $25,000.
In 2007 Payne released his first book titled Be Smart, Act Fast, Get Rich Quick: Your Game Plan for Getting It Right in the Stock Market.
- "PayneNation Homepage". Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- "Charles Payne Speech: Marist College". Marist.edu. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- "Charles Payne - Personality Bio". Fox Business. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Forbes: Interview Central: Charles Payne
- "Litigation Release No. 16248 / August 11, 1999". Sec.gov. August 11, 1999. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- Curry, Suzanne (June 6, 2014). "Teaneck's Charles Payne Now Host of Making Money With Charles Payne on Fox Business Network". SuzeeBehindTheScenes. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- "Teaneck heart recipient walks to raise awareness of organ donorship". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved December 20, 2014.