|Institutions||University of Cambridge
University of Oxford
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Thesis||The behaviour of soils and other granular media when subjected to shear (1958)|
|Doctoral advisor||Kenneth H. Roscoe|
|Doctoral students||Guy T. Houlsby|
He studied Engineering at the University of Cambridge and carried out research in Soil Mechanics under Kenneth H. Roscoe, leading to the award of a PhD degree in 1958 with his thesis titled "The behaviour of soils and other granular media when subjected to shear". He served as Professor at the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. He also served as Master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- Charles Peter Wroth - Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- University of Cambridge, Emmanuel College, List of Masters - Charles Peter Wroth
- Milligan, G. (December 1991). "Charles Peter Wroth 1929–91". Géotechnique 41 (4): 631–635. doi:10.1680/geot.19126.96.36.1991. ISSN 0016-8505.
- University of Cambridge - Geotechnical Group PhD theses
- Wroth, C. P. (1984) The interpretation of in situ soil tests. Geotechnique, 34(4) 449-488.
|Master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge
Norman St John-Stevas, Baron St John of Fawsley