Charles Pollard (rugby league)
|Full name||Charles Arthur Pollard|
|Born||27 August 1897
Wakefield district, England
|Died||1 October 1968(aged 71)|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Charles "Charlie" Arthur Pollard (born 27 August 1897 — 1 October 1968 (aged 71)) born in Wakefield district, was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1910s, '20s and '30s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Wakefield Trinity, as a Fullback, i.e. number 1.
Rugby league county cup final appearances
Charlie Pollard is the father of the league footballer, Roy Pollard, Oxford University, Wakefield, Colwyn Bay and North Wales Rugby Union (captain), David Pollard, the older brother of the rugby league footballers, Ernest Pollard, and Wakefield Trinity's Lionel Pollard, and the uncle of the Wakefield RFC rugby union footballer of 1956 to '58, Anthony Pollard.
Outside of rugby league
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Wakefield Trinity Committee, 7 Tammy Hall Street, Wakefield (Saturday 19 March 1927). Wakefield Trinity Gazette. John Lindley, Ltd., Printers, 8 Thompson's Yard, Westgate, Wakefield. ISBN n/a
- "Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Match Programme". Wakefield Trinity. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- Wakefield Trinity Committee, 7 Tammy Hall Street, Wakefield (Saturday 13 November 1920). Wakefield Trinity Gazette. John Fletcher Printers, Albion Court, Westgate, Wakefield, WF1 1BD. ISBN n/a