In this name, the family name
is Pressley Smith
, not Smith
The Very Rev Charles Pressley Smith  was an eminent Anglican Priest in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Born into an ecclesiastical family in Fraserburgh in 1862, he was educated at Aberdeen University and ordained after a period of study at Edinburgh Theological College in 1885. Initially, he was a Curate at Edinburgh Cathedral and then Priest in charge of St Martin’s, Edinburgh. He was Rector of St John’s, Oban and in 1897 became its Dean until 1987, a post he held until 1930. He died on 9 September 1935.
- ^ ” Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain” Dewar, P.B (Ed) London, London, Burke’s 2001 ISBN 0-9711966-0-5
- ^ ”Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689-2000” Bertie, D.M: Edinburgh T & T Clark ISBN 0-567-08746-8
- ^ His father was the Rev. F. Smith sometime Incumbent of St John’s Church, Arpafeelie “Who was Who” 1897–2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- ^ "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- ^ Ecclesiastical Intelligence The Times Thursday, Mar 25, 1897; pg. 8; Issue 35160; col B