Charles River Ventures
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|Total assets||$2.1+ billion|
Charles River Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on early-stage investments in technology and new media companies.
The firm, which is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Menlo Park, California, was founded in 1970 to commercialise research that came out of MIT. (Its name comes from the Charles River that runs through Boston.)
The firm has raised over $2.1 billion since inception across 13 funds. The firm's most recent fund, CRP XV, closed in February 2012 with $375 million of investor commitments. CRV's 14th fund raised $320 million of commitments.
Among CRV's portfolio companies are Aveksa, Cascade Communications, Ciena Corporation, Continental Cablevision, ChipCom, Blippy, iBasis, Netezza, Earbits, OneLogin, Parametric Technology Corporation, Sonus Networks, SpeechWorks, Stratus Technologies, Sybase, Twitter, Crushpath, Udacity, Zendesk, Yammer, and Vignette Corporation.
- Charles River Raises A $375M Fifteenth Fund For Early Stage Investing. peHUB, February 28, 2012
- Charles River Ventures Raises $320 Million For Its Fourteenth Fund. TechCrunch, March 30, 2009
- McBride, Ryan. "Investors Back Growing Bay State Software Firms Aveksa and Apparent Networks in Pair of Series C Financings". xconomy. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Gage, Deborah (October 3, 2013). "OneLogin Picks Up $13 Million to Manage Online Corporate Identities". Wall Street Journal.
- Sybase President Gains The Confidence of Apple. New York Times, August 25, 1987
- Konrad, Alex. "Charles River Ventures Wins Big On Zendesk's IPO, But For Boston Venture It's Bittersweet". www.forbes.com.
- Geron, Tomio. "Before $1.2 Billion Deal, Yammer Was Side Project: Largest Investor George Zachary". www.forbes.com.
- Charles River Ventures (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|