Charles Russell LLP
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2013)|
|Charles Russell LLP|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|No. of offices||6 across 3 countries|
|No. of lawyers||300+|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Revenue||£73.4 million (2013/14)|
|Profit per equity partner||£350,000 (2013/14) |
|Date founded||1985 (by merger)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Charles Russell LLP is an international law firm based in London. It was formed in 1893 and merged with two other long-established firms (Williams & James and Peake & Co - both founded in the 1760s), and now has offices in London, Guildford, Cheltenham, Geneva, Bahrain and Qatar.
The firm provides a full range of services to UK and international businesses, FTSE and AIM-listed businesses, governments and not-for-profit bodies. They also advise private individuals, trustees and intermediaries on the contentious and non-contentious business and personal legal issues they face.
Key clients include Aberdeen Asset Managers, Actis, Arqiva, Central Bank of Bahrain, Church Commissioners for England, Eton College, ITV, Nike, and The FA.
Christopher Page was appointed Senior Partner is May 2013 and chairs the Board.
Charles Russell is a member of two international non-exclusive associations: ALFA International (American Law Firm Association) and The Association of European Lawyers. The firm also announced an exclusive association with Saudi Arabian firm Al-Soaib Law Firm on 1 June 2014. As well as the Middle East, the firm’s other geographic areas of interest include Switzerland, the Caribbean and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The firm has 93 partners and an overall staff of more the 650. The firm announced record fee income for the 2013/14 financial year of £73.4m, a rise of 6.7% over the previous year, and PEP grew to £350k.
Main practice areas
Charles Russell is structured internally into four divisions:
- Business Services (including Corporate, Commercial and Employment)
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Private Wealth (including Family)
- Property (including Real Estate, Property Litigation, and Construction & Engineering)
The firm also advises on related issues, including Company Secretarial, Contentious Trusts & Estates, Intellectual Property, Private Property, Reputation Management, Tax and UK and international trusts.
- "Charles Russell’s revenue soars to record high of £73.4m in 2013/14". The Lawyer. The Lawyer. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Charles Russell tops AIM game". The Lawyer. 2005-02-07. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "Charles Russell in Swiss launch". The Lawyer. 2005-11-03. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "Charles Russell launches first Middle East Office in Bahrain". cr-law.co.uk. 2007-09-10. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "Charles Russell signs Saudi agreement for Middle East expansion". The Lawyer. The Lawyer. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Charles Russell LLP - Official site
- Vault.com report on Charles Russell
- Firm's rankings in Chambers UK, Chambers Global and the Chambers Student Guide
- The Lawyer UK 200 - 21 September 2007
- Government names record 48 firms on super-panel - Legal Week
- RollOnFriday - inside info
- Charles Russell Profile - Legal Week
- ALFA International - Official site
- Association of European Lawyers - Official site