Charles St George Cleverly
Charles St. George Cleverly (1819 – 14 August 1897;Chinese 基化厘 or 急庇利) was the second Surveyor General in Hong Kong. He worked under the Colonial Secretary and was responsible for public infrastructure, town planning and land auction.
Charles Cleverly was born in Kilworth, County Cork, Ireland, but it is believed that his family were not native Irish. According to his will, his address was Collingham Place, South Kensington, Middlesex in England.。
- "Re: Charles St George Cleverly".
- "Government House – History".
- "The Cleverly Family". Archived from the original on 18 May 2005.
- "Charles St George Cleverly".
- Yanne, Andrew; Heller, Gillis (2009). Signs of a Colonial Era. Hong Kong University Press. p. 84. ISBN 978-962-209-944-9.
- "道路名稱(五)英官員命名道路" (in Chinese).