Charles W. Mills
Charles W. Mills is John Evans Professor of Moral and Intellectual Philosophy at Northwestern University. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto in 1985, and previously taught at the University of Oklahoma and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
His main research interests are in political theory (radical and oppositional), particularly around issues of social class, gender, and race. He has published numerous articles on Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and African-American philosophy.
He is the author of five books:
- The Racial Contract (1997).
- Blackness Visible: Essays on Philosophy and Race (1998).
- From Class to Race: Essays in White Marxism and Black Radicalism (2003).
- Contract and Domination (2007), co-authored with Carole Pateman.
- Radical Theory, Caribbean Reality: Race, Class and Social Domination (2010).
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|