|Charles S. Weinblatt|
|Known for||Human resources|
Charles S. Weinblatt (born 1952) is an American academic and published author of fiction and non-fiction. He retired from the University of Toledo as Director of Organization Development & Corporate Services in 2004. Weinblatt is the author of the popular 2007 historical fiction novel Jacob's Courage.
A 1970 DeVilbiss High School graduate, Charles received his Bachelor of Arts Degree (Psychology) from the University of Toledo’s College of Arts and Sciences in 1974. His postgraduate education was through the University of Toledo's College of Education. Weinblatt’s biography appears in the Marquis Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Education. Weinblatt is a reviewer for The New York Journal of Books.
Weinblatt joined the University of Toledo in 1987 as director of computer training programs. He was then a program manager in the University’s Human Resource Development Center and a program coordinator in the Division of Continuing Education before creating the Division of Organization Development in March 1995, leading it until his retirement in 2004. The division assisted dozens of companies and organizations. Weinblatt also served as interim director of the Division of Individualized Studies at the University of Toledo, as a program manager in the University of Toledo's Human Resource Development Center and as an education & training counselor at the Chrysler Toledo Machining Plant Weinblatt was appointed by President Dan Johnson (2003) to the University of Toledo Council on Outreach and Engagement.
Weinblatt served as a speaker and an employment consultant for businesses, agencies, industry and organizations throughout Northwest Ohio. He was a outplacement consultant from 1984–2004, helping dozens of area companies with job seeking skills training, group and individual counselling and human resources consulting. He also delivered intellectual and vocational aptitude testing, occupational assessments and employment evaluations.
Weinblatt’s professional affiliations included the American Society for Training and Development, the Toledo Area Human Resource Association, the World Futurist Society for 22 years He was a frequent Toledo television news guest on the subject of business, economic and labor-management issues.[vague]
Awards and honors
From 1988 until his retirement in 2004, Weinblatt was Chairman of the UAW Richard T. Gosser Scholarship Committee. He was responsible for all aspects of scholarship committee business, including selection of committee members, execution of scholarship process and administration of the results for UAW Region 2-B. Upon his retirement, Weinblatt received the United Auto Workers Douglas Frasier Swift Award, for community service. The award is displayed at the Wayne State University Labor Studies Center.
- Jacob’s Courage: A Holocaust Love Story (2007, Mazo Publishers), ISBN 978-965-7344-24-8
- (Ranked #6 at Amazon for books tagged Holocaust and popularity - "Amazon". Retrieved 28 Sep 2012.)
- Book Marketing 101 (2009, Smashwords), ISBN 978-1-4523-0258-4
- Runaway Ducks (2011, Smashwords), ISBN 978-1-4580-1711-6
- Job Seeking Skills for Students (1987, Kendall-Hunt Publishing). ISBN 0-8403-4445-7
- The University of Toledo - University College - Administration
- Pain aside, illness reveals author's talent
- Marquis Who's Who On Demand — Search results for "Weinblatt, Charles", page 1
- The University of Toledo - Divisions/Centers of University College
- utnews.utoledo.edu UT Division Offers New Service, Lends Support to Community Living Facility
- Uaw-Chrysler Skill Development And Training Program - Detroit, Michigan (MI) | Company Profile
- utnews.utoledo.edu Council on Outreach and Engagement Members Announced
- Region 2-B - The Richard T. Gosser Scholarship
- UAW Region 2B | UAW
- Wandering Educators 2/16/2010
- Jewish Literary Review
- Mike Angley
- Morgen Bailey
- Joey Pinkney
- Valentine's Arrow 
- Paper Blog 
- Thoughtful Reflections 
- Self-Publishing Experts 
- Amazing Things Coming 
- Read the Spirit 
- NuJurist 
- Jewish Book World 
- Cobwebs of the Mind 
- Romantic Ideas On-line S. Weinblatt
- Book Marketing BuzzBlog 
- The New York Journal of Books
- MUTT Online