Charles Whitfield is a medical doctor in private practice specializing in assisting survivors of childhood trauma with their recovery, and with addictions including alcoholism and related disorders. He is certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, a founding member of the National Association for the Children of Alcoholics, and a member of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children.
Whitfield has taught at Rutgers University and is a best-selling author known for his books on the topics of general childhood trauma, childhood sexual abuse, and addiction recovery, including Healing The Child Within and Memory and Abuse: Remembering and Healing the Effects of Trauma.
Whitfield is recognized for his sixty published articles and fifteen published books. Some of his works include: "Healing the Child Within (1987)", "Memory and Abuse (1995)", and "The Truth About Mental Illness (2004)". See his newest books below. 
- Healing the Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
- A Gift to Myself: A Personal Guide to Healing My Child Within
- Co-Dependence: Healing the Human Condition
- Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting, and Enjoying the Self
- Memory and Abuse : Remembering and Healing the Effects of Trauma
- Whitfield, Charles (March 2002). "The "False Memory" Defense Using Disinformation and Junk Science In and Out of Court". Journal of Child Sexual Abuse 9 (3/4): 53–78. doi:10.1300/J070v09n03_04. Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- Misinformation concerning child sexual abuse and adult survivors. Whitfield, C.L., Silberg, J., & Fink, P.J. (Eds.) (2002). New York: Haworth Press.
- The Truth about Depression: Choices for Healing. Health Communications, Deerfield Beach, FL, 2003 (800-851-9100)(translated into Portuguese)
- The Truth about Mental Illness: Choices for Healing. Health Communications, Deerfield Beach, FL, 2004
- My Recovery: A Personal Plan for Healing. Health Communications, Deerfield Beach, FL, 2003
- The Power of Humility: Choosing Peace over Conflict in Relationships. Whitfield CL, Whitfield BH, Prevatt J, & Park R Health Communications, Deerfield Beach, FL, 2006
- Not Crazy: You May Not be Mentally Ill. Muse House Press, Atlanta 2012
- Whitfield, Charles. "Psychiatric drugs as agents of trauma. Int J of Risk and Safety in Medicine 22 (4)195-207 (2010)".
- Wisdom to Know the Difference: Core Issues in Relationships, Recovery and Living. Muse House Press, Atlanta, Ga 2012
- Timeless Troubadours: The Moody Blues Music and Message. Foreword by MB’s co-founder, keyboardist, composer and vocalist Mike Pinder. Muse House Press, Atlanta, Ga 2013 with Whitfield BH –different, but related to consciousness and healing. A scholarly book that is fun to read.
- Choosing God: A Bird's Eye View of A Course in Miracles. Muse House Press, Atlanta 2010
- Teachers of God: Further Reflections on A Course in Miracles. Muse House Press, Atlanta 2010
- Charles and Barbara Whitfield Interactive Blog
- Charles and Barbara Whitfield Main Site
- Charles and Barbara Whitfield's Author Pages at the Publisher
- Charles Information Page at Author Central
- Barbara Whitfield's Information Page at Author Central
- Whitfield, MD, =Charles (1995). Memory and Abuse: Remembering and Healing the Effects of Trauma. Health Communications, Inc. pp. p376. ISBN 1-55874-320-0.
- "Charles L. Whitfield, MD Biography". Retrieved 29 September 2011.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|