Charles & Eddie
Charles & Eddie were an American soul music duo known principally for the single "Would I Lie to You", taken from their 1992 debut album, Duophonic. "Would I Lie to You?" won three Ivor Novello Awards in 1993 (for Best Contemporary Song, Best Selling Song and International Hit of the Year).
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (May 2015)|
Chacon had grown up in Hayward and Castro Valley, California, where he had started his first band at age 12 with neighborhood friends Cliff Burton (Metallica) and Mike Bordin (Faith No More). Later Chacon moved to Los Angeles, Miami, London and Copenhagen where his career moved more into songwriting and production. He wrote several hit songs, mostly in Europe.
Pettigrew, meanwhile, was raised in Philadelphia, and went on to study jazz vocals at the Berklee College Of Music in Boston, while also singing with the Boston favorite, Down Avenue. Around the time of Charles' death he was recording with Tom Tom Club (Chris Franz and Tina Weymouth).
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|1992||"Would I Lie to You?"||1||2||2||1||2||1||1||2||3||3||3||1||13||Duophonic|
|1993||"NYC (Can You Believe This City?)"||33||—||20||28||—||32||29||—||—||—||—||2||—|
|"House Is Not a Home"||29||—||—||36||—||59||—||—||—||—||—||2||—|
|"Shine" (FRA only)||—||—||—||—||3||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|1995||"I'm Gonna Love You (24-7-365)"||38||—||—||47||—||58||—||26||—||—||—||23||—||Chocolate Milk|
|"—" denotes the single failed to chart or was not released.|
- 1992: "Would I Lie to You?"
- 1993: True Romance soundtrack ("Wounded Bird")
- 1993: Addams Family Values soundtrack ("Supernatural Thing")
- 1993: Super Mario Bros. soundtrack ("I Would Stop the World")
- 2005: "Would I Lie To You" (remix) (billed as Musikk feat. Eddie Chacon)
- "One-Hit Wonders at the BBC". 17 April 2015. BBC4. Missing or empty
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 101. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Official Charts Company: Charles & Eddie". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2014-04-15.