Charles & Keith
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2013)|
|Number of locations||374 (2014)|
Charles & Keith is a fast fashion brand specializing in ladies footwear and accessories. It was founded in 1996 by brothers Charles and Keith Wong, under the Charles & Keith Group which also owns the brands Charles & Keith Signature Label and Pedro.
Origins and history
Charles & Keith opened their first store in 1996 in the Amara Shopping Centre, Singapore.
In 2001 Charles & Keith opened an international venture in the Philippines, where by 2013 they had 33 stores. They debuted in the Middle East in 2004 with a store in Dubai, and another in Saudi Arabia in 2005. In 2011 the brand had over 230 stores across the world mostly based in the Middle East and Asia. By 2013 this had grown to over 300 stores worldwide, including locations in Africa, and in Japan, where they opened a flagship store in Harajuku, Tokyo and other stores in Yokohama and Osaka. All the stores are company-owned unless local legislation forbids this, in which case the stores are run through a joint-venture arrangement.
The brand was acquired by Suyen Corporation in 2006, and in 2011, LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) invested in a 20 percent stake. At the time LVMH stated that they intended to expand Charles & Keith's presence with 40 or 50 new stores across India.
Brands and output
The Charles & Keith Signature Label was launched in 2007 to offer a more luxurious range of products alongside Charles & Keith's shoes and handbags line.
By 2009, the Charles & Keith design and development team was annually producing over 750 designs for footwear and 300-plus designs for accessories, many tailored specifically for consumers in certain locales.
- Boon, Rachael (23 July 2013). "Full control ensures shoe retailer never misses a step". The Straits Times (Singapore Press Holdings Inc.). Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Yupangco, Arian (28 August 2013). "Why the Louis Vuitton group invested in Charles & Keith". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Charles and Keith opens in Abu Dhabi Mall". AmeInfo.com. 20 November 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Tan, Jessica (1 March 2009). "The World at Their Feet". Forbes. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "LVMH invest 25 million dollars in developing Charles & Keith in India". CPP-Luxury.com. CPP Luxury. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Kumagai, Nao (4 March 2013). "Singapore Fashion Accessories Brand “Charles & Keith” Opens First Store in Japan in Harajuku this April". Fashion Headline Japan. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Nagata, Kazuaki (30 May 2013). "‘Fast fashion’ of South Korea, Singapore arrives". The Japan Times. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Chan, Robin (20 March 2011). "Charles & Keith Goes Global With LVMH Tie-Up". Straits Times Indonesia (The Jakarta Globe). Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- JapanConsuming staff reporter (15 May 2013). "A New Growth Brand for Japan’s Onward Holdings: Charles & Keith". The Business of Fashion. JapanConsuming. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "His Heart & Sole". August 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2014.