July 27, 1884|
|Died: December 6, 1943
|Batted: Left||Threw: Right|
|July 12, 1906 for the Cincinnati Reds|
|Last MLB appearance|
|August 7, 1918 for the Detroit Tigers|
|Earned run average||3.09|
Carlos Luis Hall was born in Ventura, California; started into baseball at the age of 21 with the Cincinnati Reds. He pitched in 118 games; 909.7 innings. He had 427 strikeouts, 3.09 ERA and 3 shutouts. He started 81 games.
"As far as the 'Sea Lion' name, the only thing I ever heard was, 'he had the voice of a walrus.'" - Historian Ed Walton
He is buried at Ivy Lawn Memorial Park in Ventura, California.
- 1910- 1st in league in Games Finished-17
- 3rd in league in Saves-2
- 5th in league in Home runs Allow.-6
- 8th in league in Hits allowed/9IP-6.77
- 10th in league in ERA-1.91
- 10th in league in Adjusted ERA+-133
- August 27- In Boston, Red Sox hurler Sea Lion Hall pitches a 7 – 1 one-hit win over Cleveland. Elmer Koestner's single is the only hit.
- 1911- 1st in league in Saves-4
- 3rd in league in Games finished-18
- 1912- 6th in league in Won-Loss %-.652
- 6th in league in Saves-2
- 6th in league in Games Finished-12
- 10th in league in Shutouts-2
- April 20- The Boston Red Sox open in the new Fenway Park with a 7 – 6, 11-inning win over the New York Yankees before 27,000 in the lidlifter of two games. Spitballer Bucky O'Brien and Sea Lion Hall top Jumbo Jim Vaughn, handing the Yankees their 6th straight loss.
- World series record- 2nd game 8th-10th inning, 7th game 2nd-9th innings
- Pitched in 2 games, 10.2 innings, 3.38 ERA, threw 6 runs, 1 strikeouts and walked 9.
- 1913- 1st in league in Games Finished-22
Charley Hall Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com at www.baseball-reference.com