Charlie Daniels (footballer)
|Full name||Charlie John Daniels|
|Date of birth||7 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Walthamstow, England|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2007||→ Chesterfield (loan)||2||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||30||(2)|
|2008||→ Gillingham (loan)||5||(1)|
|2011||→ Bournemouth (loan)||5||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:37, 10 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Daniels started his career playing for youth club Ridgeway Rovers and Interwood F.C. then moved onto Norwich City before joining Tottenham Hotspur's youth academy. He worked his way up through to the reserves, before earning his first professional contract in July 2005.
Following his last game at Orient, Daniels was sent back to Tottenham, where he had a year remaining on his contract. In August 2008, he joined Gillingham on a one-month loan. He made his debut for Gillingham in a 1–0 home win over Accrington Stanley and scored his only goal for the club with a free kick in a 3–0 home win over Grimsby Town. Daniels then returned to Spurs at the end of September and expressed an interest in trying to break into the first team.
Daniels returned to Orient in the January transfer window of 2009 on a free transfer.
In November 2011, Daniels joined Bournemouth, initially on a loan deal as the signing was outside of the transfer window, but with the deal to become permanent in the January 2012 transfer window with the contract lasting for 3 years.
- "Spireites face double injury blow". BBC Sport. 19 March 2007.
- "Orient sign Tottenham's Daniels". BBC Sport. 5 August 2007.
- "Charlie Daniels signs on loan". gillinghamfootballclub.com. 26 August 2008.
- "Gillingham 3–0 Grimsby". BBC Sport. 6 September 2008.
- "Daniels Returns to Tottenham.". gillinghamfootballclub.com. 29 September 2008.
- "Daniels signs for Orient". tottenhamhotspur.com. 6 January 2008.