|Born||Charles David Lubiniecki
August 9, 1980
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Other names||Charlie Lubiniecki|
|Occupation||actor, director, producer, narrator|
|Height||5' 10" (1.78 m)|
Charles David Lubiniecki (born August 9, 1980), better known as Charlie David, is a Canadian actor, writer, director and producer, best known for the male lead in the LGBT horror series Dante's Cove. He has also worked as a TV host on a number of shows like F.Y.E!, SpyTV, Bump! and Crash Test Mommy.
He is co-owner, alongside Derek James and Linda Carter of Border2Border Entertainment, a production house of film and television projects.
Charlie David was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, and raised in Yorkton. His family is of Polish origin. During high school, David performed in the musical group Saskatchewan Express, a touring youth show. In 2000, he graduated from the Canadian College of Performing Arts in Victoria, British Columbia.
He then moved on to co-found the boy band 4Now, in which he played piano. The band performed around Canada and the United States and opened for acts including Destiny's Child, The Black Eyed Peas and Pink. The band released two recordings. Derek James, later to play opposite David in the film Mulligans, was also in the band.
David later turned his attention to hosting and acting. He hosted for E! Television, NBC, OUTtv, here! TV, Pink TV, EGO, and Life Network on such shows as F.Y.E! in 2002, SpyTV in 2001, Bump! in 2005-2012 and Crash Test Mommy in 2004-2005.
David played the lead character of Toby in the LGBT horror series Dante's Cove. His character was portrayed in a monogamous and loving relationship with boyfriend Kevin (Gregory Michael). David said in an interview, "What was attractive [about the role] was for me to portray a gay relationship, in which it's not always a different guy every night. Many gays and lesbians do pursue—and have—loving relationships in which we are very committed to each other. I think that is what Toby brings to the show. He is kind of a voice of reason, and has a definite dedication to his boyfriend."
David has consciously chosen to be "out" as a gay man in his personal life and career.
David wrote the novel and screenplay and starred in the film Mulligans, which had its premiere at the Inside Out Film and Video Festival in Toronto in May 2007. Mulligans explores the theme of what happens to individuals and their families when a young man and his friend's father "come out".
David starred in the independent film Judas Kiss as Zachary Wells, a washed-up filmmaker who returns to his peculiar alma mater, where he meets his younger self and gets the chance to change his troubled past so he can avoid a disturbing future.
In addition to the screenplay for Mulligans, David has also published a novelization of the film (2009, ISBN 978-1928662198), as well as the novel Boy Midflight (2009, ISBN 9781928662181) and the short story collection Shadowlands (2010, ISBN 978-0982767603).
David currently lives in Montreal with his partner..
- 2004: Is He... (short) (associate producer)
- 2008: Mulligans (executive producer, producer)
- 2008: For My Wife... (documentary) (executive producer)
- 2009: Beyond Gay: The Politics of Pride (documentary) (executive producer)
- 2009-2012: Bump! (TV series) (associate producer)
- 2011: Judas Kiss (executive producer)
- 2012: Positive Youth (writer, director, producer)
- 2013: I'm a Stripper (writer, director, producer)
- 2013: I'm a Porn Star
|2002||Time Machine: St. Peter - The Rock||St. James||TV movie|
|2003||The Sparky Chronicles: The Map||Hippie|
|2005||Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical||Male Dancer|
|2005||Playing the Role||The Actor|
|2005||Terminal City||Rick||TV series|
|Dante's Cove||Toby||TV series|
|2006||The L Word||Speed Dater||TV series|
|2006||Godiva's||Attractive Man||TV series|
|2006||Ugly Betty||Scott||TV series|
|2007||A Four Letter Word||Stephen|
|2007||Kiss the Bride||Joey|
|2010||2 Frogs in the West||Brett|
|2010||Judas Kiss||Zachary Wells|
|2014||More Scenes from a Gay Marriage|
- "Comfortable in his own skin; Actor, writer, TV show host proud to be gay". Regina Leader-Post, February 16, 2008.
- "Saskatchewan's showbiz maven hasn't lost a step". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, April 26, 2012.
- "Gay actor blesses his day of liberation". Victoria Times-Colonist, September 10, 2007.
- "Mulligans a universal fairy tale". Calgary Herald, May 30, 2008.
- "Good Type Casting". Gay City News, November 10, 2005.
- "Doorq.com Press Release". DANTE'S COVE star Charlie David cast in upcoming JUDAS KISS film. Retrieved 5 December 2009.
- "The Storyteller". OUTVisions, June 15, 2014.