|Date of birth||1 July 1993|
|Place of birth||Luton, England|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Oviedo (on loan from Elche)|
|2014–2015||→ Alcorcón (loan)||8||(0)|
|2015–||→ Oviedo (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
I'Anson was born in Luton, Bedfordshire, to parents Kay and Dean, and is a Tottenham Hotspur supporter. Along with his older brother Alfie, he moved to Málaga, Spain, with his parents at the age of 7, and within a year was fluent in Spanish. While living there, he was a teammate of Isco at Atlético Benamiel. At the age of 15 he was scouted by Nottingham Forest, and was offered a contract as a back-up, but did not want to be a reserve at a young age while living in a different country to his parents, so signed with Grimsby Town instead.
I'Anson was offered his first professional one-year contract in May 2011, after impressing in the club's youth team and final four first-team games of the 2010–11 season. He was released and left the club on 3 May 2012 after he turned down a fresh contract. He played 17 times in the league, scoring twice.
In July 2012 I'Anson joined Spanish Segunda División side Elche CF on trial, later signing with the club. He spent his first senior season in Spain with the reserves in Tercera División, appearing 25 times and scoring once, being promoted to Segunda División B.
On 29 June 2014, I'Anson joined Real Murcia on a season-long loan; however, after the club's relegation to the third level he moved to AD Alcorcón also in a temporary deal. On 27 January 2015, after appearing sparingly for the Madrid side, I'Anson joined Real Oviedo on loan until the end of the season.
- Lincolnshire Senior Cup: Winner, 2011–12
- Neil Johnston (20 August 2014). "Charlie I'Anson: The only Englishman in Spain's elite". BBC Sport. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Dream debut for I'Anson as Mariners' young guns beat Mansfield". Grimsby Telegraph. 20 April 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Eleven Town players shown the door by Scott and Hurst". Grimsby Telegraph. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- BREAKING GRIMSBY TOWN NEWS: I'Anson leaves after rejecting deal; Grimsby Telegraph, 3 May 2012
- Former Mariners defender Charlie I’Anson is currently on trial at Spanish club Elche; Too Good To Turn Down, 27 July 2012
- Exclusive interview – Charlie I'Anson, from Grimsby Town to La Liga and Spanish football in just two years; Too Good To Turn Down, 21 August 2013
- Elche 2–1 Espanyol; ESPN FC, 5 October 2013
- Charlie se marcha cedido al Real Murcia C.F. (Charlie goes on loan to Real Murcia C.F.); Elche's official website, 29 June 2014 (Spanish)
- El central inglés Charlie Dean llega cedido por el Elche (English stopper Charlie Dean arrives on loan from Elche); Alcorcón's official website, 9 August 2014 (Spanish)
- Charlie, nuevo jugador del Real Oviedo (Charile, new player of Real Oviedo); Real Oviedo's official website, 27 January 2015 (Spanish)
- Town pair's England call; Grimsby Telegraph, 26 August 2011
- Charlie I'Anson: tears and triumphs of an Englishman alone in La Liga; The Guardian, 4 January 2014