Charlie Justice (politician)
|Member of the Florida Senate
from the 16th district
|Preceded by||Jim Sebesta|
|Succeeded by||Jack Latvala|
|Member of the Florida House of Representatives
from the 53rd district
|Preceded by||Lars Hafner|
|Succeeded by||Rick Kriseman|
July 23, 1968 |
Saint Petersburg, Florida
|Residence||Saint Petersburg, Florida|
|Alma mater||Saint Petersburg Junior College,
University of South Florida
|Profession||Director, Leadership Programming at USFSP|
Charlie Justice is an American politician from the state of Florida. A member of the Democratic Party, Justice serves on the Pinellas County Commission. He was formerly a member of the Florida House of Representatives representing the 53rd district from 2006 to 2007, and the Florida Senate representing the 16th district from 2007 to 2010.
Justice worked as a project coordinator for the University of South Florida, and as a legislative aide to Lars Hafner, when Hafner represented the 53rd district in the Florida House of Representatives. Justice was elected to the Florida House, representing the 53rd District, in 2000, succeeding Hafner, who could not run for reelection due to term limits. Justice served in the Florida House from 2001 through 2007. He was elected to the Florida Senate, representing the 16th District, in 2006, and was sworn in in 2007.
Justice ran in 2010 as the Democratic nomination for the United States House of Representatives in Florida's 10th congressional district. In order to run for Congress, Justice resigned his seat in the Florida Senate in 2010. Justice lost to Republican Party candidate Bill Young by a wide margin: 66% to 34%.
- Adam C. Smith (October 10, 2013). "Scramble begins for Rep. C.W. Bill Young's congressional seat". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Senator Charlie Justice official Florida Senate site
- Charlie Justice for U.S. Congress official campaign site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Representative Charlie Justice (2001-2006) official Florida House of Representatives site
|This article about a Florida politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|