Lee (in white shirt) warming up before a game in 2014
|Full name||Charlie Lee|
|Date of birth||5 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Whitechapel, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
|2006–2007||→ Millwall (loan)||5||(0)|
|2010||→ Gillingham (loan)||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:36, 29 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Whitechapel, Lee started his career with the Tottenham Hotspur youth system in 2003. He captained the Tottenham reserve team several times. He appeared on the first team substitute bench for the first time in the UEFA Cup tie against Slavia Prague on 28 September 2006 and also appeared as an unused substitute against Sporting Braga, a match which Tottenham won 3–2. Lee was also an unused sub for a handful of top flight fixtures.
He was released from his contract by Tottenham on 19 May 2007.
Lee completed a move to Peterborough United on 23 May, signing a three-year contract. He has played the majority of his games for them in centre midfield, scoring eight goals in the 2007–08 season and was named the club's player of the year.
In the 2008–09 season, Lee played the majority of the time anywhere along the back four. On 25 April, he scored the only goal in the 1–0 win against Colchester United which paired with the 1–0 defeat of Milton Keynes Dons by Walsall at the stadium:mk promoted the club to The Championship. He won the club's player of the year award for the second successive year.
- 2012–13: League Two Champion (promotion to League One) – Gillingham
- 2010–11: League One Play Off Winner (promotion to The Championship) – Peterborough United
- 2008–09: League One Runner Up (promotion to The Championship) – Peterborough United
- 2007–08: League Two Runner Up (promotion to League One) – Peterborough United
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Career History". UpThePosh!. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- tottenhamhotspur.com – Player Update
- 23/manual_164907.html&TEAMHD=nationwide3 "POSH SNAP UP SPURS ACE LEE". Sporting Life. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "SEVEN UP AS GILLS SIGN CHARLIE LEE". Gillingham F.C. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Gillingham FC announce retained list". Gillingham F.C. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.