Established in 2008 when Lyne was 16, Ultra Culture is a film blog known for its chatty style, strong opinions and concise pop cultural commentary. According to critic aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the blog agrees with popular opinion 71% of the time.
The Film Programme
Lyne joined the programme when it was redeveloped after Jonathan Ross's departure. New host Claudia Winkleman approached him using Twitter, saying that she was 'obsessed' with his website and that she would 'bloody kill' for him to be on the show. He is listed on the Film Programme website as being the 'resident internet-type person'.
Awards and accolades
Ultra Culture was named Blog of the Year 2011 by Sky Movies, and was highly commended in the Total Film Blog Awards 2011 in the Best Overall Blog category. The Ultra Culture Twitter account was also named one of the Top 100 Arts Tweeters by The Times.
- "The teen bloggers who took over the internet". The Guardian. 9 September 2009.
- "Ultra Culture: The UK's Leading Film Blog". i-D. 28 June 2010.
- "Charlie Lyne". Rotten Tomatoes.
- I am um, obsessed by your website. Please can you DM me a phone number or email. Sorry. Have a question..... @claudiawinkel
- CORRECT. I'd bloody KILL for you to do our show. KILL. right. night night. @claudiawinkel
- "Charlie Lyne - BBC Film 2011". Bbc.co.uk. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Blog of the year: the winners". Sky Movies.
- "Total Film blog awards: the results". Total Film. 28 January 2011.
- "Times 100 Arts Tweeters". 1 April 2011.