||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|Full name||Charles Nosike Rugg|
|Date of birth||October 2, 1990|
|Place of birth||Roslindale, Massachusetts, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
(on loan from LA Galaxy)
|2009–2012||Boston College Eagles|
|2011||GPS Portland Phoenix||10||(4)|
|2014||→ LA Galaxy II (loan)||25||(8)|
|2014||→ Indy Eleven (loan)||5||(1)|
|2015–||→ Indy Eleven (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of Nov 11, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Charles Nosike "Charlie" Rugg (born October 2, 1990) is an American soccer player currently playing for Indy Eleven on loan from LA Galaxy in Major League Soccer. Rugg has been described as "a big, physical forward with speed, strength, the ability to hold the ball and battle in the air."
Los Angeles Galaxy selected Rugg in the first round (No. 19 overall) of the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. Rugg made his debut for Galaxy on April 27, 2013 against Real Salt Lake and also scored his first professional goal in the 13th minute.
On March 22, 2014 Rugg was sent down to the LA Galaxy II, the reserve side of the Galaxy, and played in the sides first USL Pro match against the Orange County Blues. He started the match and scored the first goal in Galaxy II history in the 40th minute.
Rugg was loaned to Indy Eleven for the rest of the NASL season on October 1, 2014. He made his debut on October 4, 2014 against the New York Cosmos and scored his first goal against San Antonio Scorpions on October 18, 2014. His game-winning goal against San Antonio earned him Play of the Week honors. Over the course of his loan, he started and played 90 minutes in all five games he was available for, with the team getting three wins and two draws in those matches.
- French, Scott. "LA Galaxy youngsters Charlie Rugg, Gyasi Zardes look set for big roles against Houston". MLSsoccer.com.
- "RSL v. LA". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Twitter / Lagalaxyii: Gooolllllaaazzzo La Galaxy". Twitter.com. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Match Center: New York Cosmos vs. Indy Eleven". www.indyeleven.com. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Match Center: Indy Eleven vs. San Antonio Scorpions". indyeleven.com. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Rugg Goal Named Play of the Week". www.nasl.com. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Indy Eleven Results". www.indyeleven.com. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "RUGG RETURNS TO INDY". http://www.indyeleven.com/. Indy Eleven. 18 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer forward is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|