|— Golfer —|
16 April 1973 |
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Residence||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|College||University of Texas
|Current tour(s)||LPGA Tour (joined 1997)|
|Former tour(s)||LET (1995–2008)|
|Number of wins by tour|
|LPGA of Korea Tour||1|
|Best results in LPGA Major Championships
|Kraft Nabisco C'ship||5th: 1999|
|LPGA Championship||T30: 2004|
|U.S. Women's Open||T27: 2000|
|du Maurier Classic||T14: 1998|
|Women's British Open||T61: 2002|
|Achievements and awards|
|Mary Bea Porter Award||2004|
Sörenstam was born in Stockholm. She had a very successful amateur career including a runner-up finish in the Swedish national mother-daughter golf tournament and was a member of the Swedish National Team for seven years. She captured the 1993 European Team Championship title and won the 1992 Angso Ladies Open. In 1993, Sörenstam competed for the University of Texas at Austin in the United States and won the 1993 Championship title, as well as All-America honors.
Sörenstam turned professional in 1994 and played on the Ladies European Tour in 1995 and 1996. At the end of 1996, she finished second at the LPGA Tour Final Qualifying Tournament to earn exempt status for 1997. She moved to the United States to play on the LPGA Tour, while continuing to play occasionally in Europe.
She has one LPGA Tour win, the 2000 Standard Register PING. Her best finish in Europe is second, which she has achieved several times.
Professional wins (2)
LPGA Tour (1)
- 2001 (1) Hyundai Securities Ladies Open (KLPGA)
LPGA Tour career summary
|Year||Major wins||Other LPGA wins||Earnings ($)||Money list rank||Scoring average|
Solheim Cup record
|1998||4||1–2–1||0–1–0 lost to K. Robbins 2&1||1–0–0 won w/L. Davies 3&2||0–1–1 lost w/L. Neumann 2&1||1.5||37.5%|
- Dave Kindred (2000). "Finally, sisters in arms- Charlotta Sorenstam and Annika Sorenstam". Golf Digest. Retrieved 6 July 2007.
- Bethan Cutler (22 August 2005). "Captain announced for PING Junior Solheim Cup". Ladies European Tour. Retrieved 25 May 2007.
- Charlotta Sörenstam at the LPGA Tour official site
- Texas Longhorns Alumnae corner: Q&A with Charlotta Sorenstam
- Profile at Annika Academy official site