|Notable work(s)||Shift, Welcome Home Or Someplace Like It|
Charlotte Agell (born 1959) is a Swedish-born American author for young adults and children who currently lives in Maine. Her second novel, Shift, was featured on the front cover of the Brunswick Times Record in October 2008. Agell has also written some picture books for young children.
Charlotte Agell was born in Norsjö, Sweden, in 1959 and her family moved to Montreal, Canada, when she was 18 months old. She lived there for about 10 years and attended Carlye Elementary School before returning to Sweden at 11 years of age, but for a brief time. Her family then moved to Hong Kong, where she attended Hong Kong International School.
In 1977, Agell left Hong Kong to go to Maine where she would then graduate from Bowdoin College and start her literary career. She earned a M.A. in teaching. In addition to writing and illustrating her own books, she teaches three days a week in the Yarmouth Public Schools.
List of books published
Young adult novels
- Welcome Home or Someplace like It
- The Sailor's Book
- Mud Makes Me Dance in the Spring
- I Wear Long, Green Hair in the Summer
- Wind Spins Me Around in the Fall
- I Slide into the White of Winter (this book and the 3 above are a quartet)
- Dancing Feet
- I Swam With a Seal
- To The Island
- Up the Mountain
- The Accidental Adventures of India McAllister
- Brogan, Beth (2008-10-17). "Local author Agell takes 'long walk in the toxic wilderness' with 'Shift'". timesrecord.com. Brunswick Times Record. Retrieved 2009-04-10.[dead link]